User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:47   #1
edmoo
SuperTux!

edmoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Spare a thought for the Chavs...

I'm begging to feel sorry for chavs.... They get such a bad press, and behind the Burbery and the Bling, they are much the same as you or I. Yes, they like to show off a bit more than most people, but if you remain pleasant and respectful, they can be quite decent.

I think there is a skill in being ChavWise. I have a number of chavs who greet me and even chat to me when I meet them, and I think I have managed to boil chav interaction down to a few basic notes:

1) Don't act as if you are scared or superior. If you have to walk past a large group of them, say hello. They will laugh at first, but once they get used to it, they will respond in kind.
2) If you converse with chavs, stick to basic everyday subjects, at least until you know what they are in to. Some great subjects are The Weather, School/Work , and Alchoholic Drink. Try to find a common enemy (teachers/the boss/the police, whatever) and you will get on better.
3) Interactions will go smoother if you look 'normal' (Hello, I'm Joe Average), and not like a member of one of the other peer-presure youth social groups, such as 'Goths', 'Moshers' and 'Dancing Bannanas'

There. I htink if you follow those guidlines, you will find chavs decent citizens, if a little plain conversationally. Give it a go and report you findings. Grand.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 20:58   #2
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Spare a thought for the Chavs...

Are you a chav?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:04   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went outside in a jeans and T-Shirt, and casually said "Hello" to a local group of chavs when I walked past them. They punched me in the face, wrestled me to the ground and stole my phone.

What do you recommend I do now?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:05   #4
edmoo
SuperTux!

No, not at all. I like art and literature, I don't drink cider, and I'm freindly to everyone. I just think they get treated as almost sub-human, and its not very fair.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:06   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

drinking cider isnt a strictly-chav thing.

and they get treated as sub-human because they are
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:14   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoo
I just think they get treated as almost sub-human, and its not very fair.
It wasn't very fair when they threw a brick through my car window either.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:16   #7
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
They punched me in the face, wrestled me to the ground and stole my phone.
lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
and they get treated as sub-human because they are
They're just culturally different. There is somthing to be said for their culture too - It's simplistic, and not at all shy about the fact that it is sexually driven. Kind of fits in with the whole idea of the 'noble savage'... except they're not all that noble. *sigh*
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:20   #8
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
It wasn't very fair when they threw a brick through my car window either.
lol, ok, fair point. But, that all keys into the showing off. They're more violent and primal than most of us, but thats just because they want to impress the chav-ettes. Not that that makes it excusable or anything.

I suppose I jsut think its unfair that they get such a reputation for being unfreindly. I've never known chavs hurt people unless they are provoked or made to feel victimised. Then again, I don't live somwhere where muggery is an issue.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:22   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
They're more violent and primal than most of us
Probably more violent and primal then neanderthals too.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:28   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Probably more violent and primal then neanderthals too.
the neanderthals weren't violent.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:29   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Gorillas during mating season then fs
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:34   #12
edmoo
SuperTux!

lol - posting this thread has really got me some bad rep . observe:

3 Jul 2005 21:19 You dont even remotely know any "chavs", if this is your attitude
3 Jul 2005 21:14 Sorry, but supporting chavs gets you neg-rep
3 Jul 2005 20:51
3 Jul 2005 20:50 shit. (name)

"my attitude" - you make it sound like I'm being offencive . and I'm not exactly 'supporting' chavs, I'm just try to get people to open their minds about the more inflicted upon in our society(s). I think I'll go outside dressed in a maralyn mason t-shirt and yell abuse at some chavs, then you can all feel guilty about my suicide .
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:48   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As a foreigner I have no idea what a chav is. Would some one please explain?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:49   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 21:56   #15
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the whole chav thing is ****ing stupid, both sides of it
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:00   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh good lord!
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:15   #17
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:15   #18
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
could you elaborate? I'd like to know wht you think.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:25   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
lol.
It is pretty much what would happen though.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:30   #20
edmoo
SuperTux!

Perhaps my idea of a chav is different to everybody elses. It would appear that most people really have it in for a badly-dressed freinds. I only know the one chav who does actually wear his trousers inside his socks, but even he, int he presence of a female of his kind, is only verbally unpleasant - he isn't actually violent. Though, come to think of it, I can recall a conversation I had with him in a bus stop a while back:

Me: Hi, How you doing!
Him: **** Off, Twat.

I could see why supporting him would get you bad rep .
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:34   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its the whole general demeanor that annoys me. hanging around on street corners. stealing things. breaking things. not being able to speak.

whenever they are interviewed it goes something like

NEWS : "So your whats best described as a 'chavvy scummer ****wit'
CHAV : "innit"
NEWS : "So when did you first get into trouble with the police"
CHAV : "yesserday"
NEWS : "What was that for"
CHAV : "Sum stuff."
NEWS : "What stuff?"
CHAV : "I punched someone"
NEWS : "Why did you do that?"
CHAV : "I dunno....bored or sumfink"
NEWS : "Do you think that your anger is a result of having nothing to do and no facilities near your home?"
CHAV : "Dunno."

ITs always one word answers badly pronounced in some 'lazy ass shit' that barely passes for English let along communication of any sort that makes sense.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:46   #22
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
CHAV : "I punched someone"
NEWS : "Why did you do that?"
CHAV : "I dunno....bored or sumfink"
fried gold. I think I understand why everybody disagrees with me. its because your all stupid.
only kidding . its because, to me, a chav is any young person who appears to have little individual personality on the surface - regardless of dress sense and the neccesity to have your named shorted and suffix with 'az' (eg, edmaz).

I image that I am simply misusing terminology.

I wish I couldlive somwhere else. *sigh*
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 22:55   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no a chav is a snotty nosed 14 year old wearing white kappa gear and a gold 'bling bling' chain who swigs cider on the street corner and is always in a group.

the people who shout abuse at world war 2 veterans.
the people who smash things up just because they are bored
and the people who should really all be shunted off into military service and have a damn good kicking in the ass.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:01   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont think I've ever met a 'chav' so I suspect the entire subculture is a media invention.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:03   #25
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

i thought the whole ned thing in scotland was basically the same thing?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:06   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the whole chav bashing has been stupidly overdone by the press.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:17   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
then you can all feel guilty about my suicide .
i consider that highly unlikely
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:44   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
yes, and the whole bystander bashing has been stupidly done many, many times, by the chavs.

anyone who thinks chavs aren't a problem just hasn't met any yet.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:30   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Spare a thought for the Chavs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I dont think I've ever met a 'chav' so I suspect the entire subculture is a media invention.
Weren't you the person who didn't know what Council Houses were? Or did I dream it?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:53   #30
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Then you can all feel guilty about my suicide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i consider that highly unlikely
I think the worst thing about chav culture is that they are unpleasant to people they don't know for know apparent reason, which is a sign of social and moral imaturity. Don't you agree Yahwe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I agree, and I think that if I had said that in the first place, all this would have worked out a lot better.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:54   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate the word chav, out of all the variations of referring to the same thing why did "chav" have to be the one the media picks up on and puts on a pedestal. The word has no verve.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:57   #32
edmoo
SuperTux!

I agree, but I never found any of the others much more attractive. The word 'chorer' used to really get on my nut. Nice avatar, btw (deepflow).
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:58   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Spare a thought for the Chavs...

P.S, I can't think of a single thing to like about Chavs. They are just the quintessential peasants; ill-educated, ill-shod, ill-clothed, ill-housed, ill-informed, ill-fed.

This does not, however, mean that we should lose sight of the fact that they should be brought out of this squalor. Blind hatred is not the answer. Nor is an acceptance of their situation as merely 'all that should be expected of the working class.'
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:04   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
yes, and the whole bystander bashing has been stupidly done many, many times, by the chavs.

anyone who thinks chavs aren't a problem just hasn't met any yet.
I don't doubt that incineration of chavs is an option we should consider.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:08   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: Spare a thought for the Chavs...

Quote:
They're just culturally different. There is somthing to be said for their culture too - It's simplistic, and not at all shy about the fact that it is sexually driven.
It isn't really all that sexually driven, at least, in contrast to the rest of society; how could it, since so much of it is derived from mainstream influences? It's just vulgar. (In the traditional sense of the term, i.e, overly ostentatious and centred around simplistic notions of aesthetics, etc.)
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:08   #36
Spiderman

I pride myself on being the smartest chav in existence. Safe.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:10   #37
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
This does not, however, mean that we should lose sight of the fact that they should be brought out of this squalor. Blind hatred is not the answer. Nor is an acceptance of their situation as merely 'all that should be expected of the working class.'
Bravo, wot! Couldn't agree more! thats why I wrote this thread in the first place...
People need to reconcider their relationship with chavs - disregarding them as being bellow our level doesn't help the situation at all. I'm glad sombody can say what I mean .
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:14   #38
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
It isn't really all that sexually driven, at least, in contrast to the rest of society;
I'm not saying that it is in contrast to the rest of us - I'm quite firmly of the belief that we are all very sexually driven, and that sex is the prime concern of all societies (perhaps thats over simplistic, but you get the idea).

I just think there is some merit in being honest about that, rather than politely skirting around the issue of sex, as some (by no means all) of society does.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:23   #39
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I think the worst thing about chav culture is that they are unpleasant to people they don't know for know apparent reason, which is a sign of social and moral imaturity. Don't you agree Yahwe?
your reasoning is as flawed as your analogy.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:28   #40
edmoo
SuperTux!

Whathave I done to offend you Yahwe? Your being mean and nasty and unkind and horrid and wicked and cruel for no reason whatsoever, as far as I can see. I would be grateful if you would explain yourself.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:34   #41
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Whathave I done to offend you Yahwe? Your being mean and nasty and unkind and horrid and wicked and cruel for no reason whatsoever, as far as I can see. I would be grateful if you would explain yourself.
Take it as a compliment and move on.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:34   #42
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Yahwe.. despite him being a laywer, being upperclass, being relatively rich, knowing a lot of big impressive words, feeling superior to others and perfectioning the art of conforming to etiquetes, deep down there, there's a little insecure bitch that can't live without his etiquetes to guide him through his life of boredom and dullness.

I bet deep down he hates the fact that he is attracted to men. Goodness how sad.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:37   #43
Yahwe
I am.

your reasoning was flawed.

I 'know you' in the sense that i have read your posts. chavs (you are suggesting) are mean to people on first sight.

social and moral immaturity. what are mature morals? that makes no sense. as to social maturity, there is no such thing. only social skill which the user deploys or chooses not to deploy as he sees fit. there is no maturity in being vapid, vacuous and nice to everyone. rather that is the route of the fool and the coward.

you suggest i have no apparent reason

yet clearly you post utter crap which is frequently difficult to even read.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:40   #44
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Yahwe.. despite him being a laywer, being upperclass, being relatively rich, knowing a lot of big impressive words, feeling superior to others and perfectioning the art of conforming to etiquetes, deep down there, there's a little insecure bitch that can't live without his etiquetes to guide him through his life of boredom and dullness.

I bet deep down he hates the fact that he is attracted to men. Goodness how sad.
you're feeling very brave tonight i see.

positively courageous.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:42   #45
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Oh I forgot people shouldn't make you angry on an internet forum
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:46   #46
Spiderman

The thing that cracks me up, is that I made a post once about my bodyfat percentage being 13% (and I was aiming for 10%). And Yahwe actually used to call me fat HAHAH. He actually used that in one upmanship - whilest all the time, he looked like this:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45526408FSUSlz

Now that, is sad.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:46   #47
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Take it as a compliment and move on.
I suppose thats the only reasonable thing to do, though I would love to argue with Yahwe, even if he is bound to come out looking the more intelligent. I'll bet you he's not familiar with Epicurus' philosophy, though.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:49   #48
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Throughout the time here I saw some pictures of him, and the only thing I remember when his picture comes in mind is the hidden desperation, the hunger for recognition that shines behind the facade.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:52   #49
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Throughout the time here I saw some pictures of him, and the only thing I remember when his picture comes in mind is the hidden desperation, the hunger for recognition that shines behind the facade.
i hope you aren't saying that from that picture.

your silly little polemic wouldn't make sense then. given that in that picture the only thing shining is the facade
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 01:52   #50
edmoo
SuperTux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
whilest all the time, he looked like this
come on spiderman, its not fair to take digs at people appearance, and anyway, apart from the toffish expression, he's not so bad looking, though he could excersise more. If you want to insult people, its most effective to insult their actual flaws - which in Yahwe's case is his unfreindly nature and superior attitude. Other than that, I like his nickname - its just his character that gets to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraclitus
Character is Destiny