User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:00   #51
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Re: how do you become pa team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
But why isn't there a game development department? :crymeariver:
there is... the development team (headed up by appoco)

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:09   #52
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i have done my bit by making an excellent set of stats, which is being blocked by the pa team for usage for next rnd as they're too afraid of extreme change, so that's me disagreeing with the current pa team's decisions then!

also: "But, this whole thread sujests your claiming ALL PA Team members havent done a good job." to your own quote of my post "note not all pa team are incompetant and/or idiots but too high a % are, why is this so?"

the thread is a cause and effect thing, effect: planetarion being subjected to bad decisions, possible cause: bad decision makers?

(this all being said noone has mentioned jolt because there is no way in hell they'll ever even listen to any of us, maybe this is also the case with the pa team&co)
So, from what i can gather the whole reason why you started this thread is becuase your throwing your rattle out of the pram becuase they wouldnt use your stats?

I presume then your view on PA Team isnt the fact they dont listen to the community, but the fact they dont listen to you? You claim PA is being subjected to bad decisions, but in reality your just bitter becuase the PA Team dont like your ideas. Correct? And if you try and claim that wasnt the reason why you started this thread in the first place then i pitty you.

So in conclusion, this thread isnt about whats good for the community, its the fact PA Team refuse to listen to YOUR ideas.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:11   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
there is... the development team (headed up by appoco)
Appoco does far too much in my opinion to have yet another job dumped at his doorstep.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:13   #54
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

actually thats been his main job for a few rounds now...he assumed head mh role after assassin stood down and there was no-one experienced enough to assume the mantle

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:16   #55
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190973

Learn to read. It's at the top of PD. If that doens't explain how to get into the Support Team, I really am not sure how to make it simpler.

Edit: I used a 'full stop' in place of a 'comma'.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:17   #56
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Appoco does far too much in my opinion to have yet another job dumped at his doorstep.
For once ill agree that Appoc has to much stuff to do.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:23   #57
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190973

Learn to read. It's at the top of PD. If that doens't explain how to get into the Support Team, I really am not sure how to make it simpler.

Edit: I used a 'full stop' in place of a 'comma'.
lol

the grand master of community relations just told us we are all to stupid to read
you know biffy doesnt like it when you talk to people like that
you could get fired for it (take it from someone who know)

ROTFL

keep it up, its more entertaining then tv
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:26   #58
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
So, from what i can gather the whole reason why you started this thread is becuase your throwing your rattle out of the pram becuase they wouldnt use your stats?

I presume then your view on PA Team isnt the fact they dont listen to the community, but the fact they dont listen to you? You claim PA is being subjected to bad decisions, but in reality your just bitter becuase the PA Team dont like your ideas. Correct? And if you try and claim that wasnt the reason why you started this thread in the first place then i pitty you.

So in conclusion, this thread isnt about whats good for the community, its the fact PA Team refuse to listen to YOUR ideas.
what is the issue? can you not read? this is the second post in a row where you've assumed something completely against what i have already clearly stated. i've said from the get go because the pa team were not able to cope with changes as stated in my stats they weren't going to look into them, hell knows if they'd actually like them or not; not that it matters since they don't have a single capable stats-analyst in them anyway.

the real issue what the above incident brought up however was that they don't even know what the game needs, one said they won't implement my stats as losing cath means a lot will quit, i lol-ed since it's not like ex and 1up, the two best alliances for a long time of planetarion have already stated that they are not going to play with full strength as the game is tedious, or not going to play at all in 1up's case.

but let's not make it ALL about me here, look at: http://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95
go through those pages, i'd say around 10% of those threads have good ideas in them. how many have been taken into account? i'm sure the pa team will say it's 100%, but in reality what is it really? there used to be a subforum for the suggestions subforum, where the 'declined' threads would go, now i think they just leave the whole subforum as it is under that mantle, except they should probably invoke an auto-decline tagging system eh?

are you going to tell me that planetarion listens to it's community? and that it caters for its needs? it's all full and well that you think they the pateam&minions, as volunteers, shouldn't be slated, but why are you ignoring the facts? even several ex-pa team members have posted in this thread supporting the notions i suggested, ex-pateam, did you hear? hell even a couple of mh's/supportteam type people show dissent to me in irc pm's at their colleagues ineptitude and lack of initiative/direction, do you really know think you're right in your defending?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:27   #59
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
lol

the grand master of community relations just told us we are all to stupid to read
you know biffy doesnt like it when you talk to people like that
you could get fired for it (take it from someone who know)

ROTFL

keep it up, its more entertaining then tv
Why your laughing at me I have no idea, when there is so many people who have managed to totally ignore a sticky at the top of the same forum they are on giving the EXACT information that they are all arguing about / discussing.

I have no problem with the rest of the discussion, some intresting and good points are being made on both sides of it. But failure to notice the main bit of info staring you in the face is a tad stupid.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:31   #60
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

actually what really is happening is that there was a question used as a sweetener ie an obvious and irrelevant question to cloak a dig at the current pa/support/whatever team and also raise questions about their status and jobs and if they deserve their roles! but i'm not sure, maybe the original post just went over my head
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:31   #61
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
the real issue what the above incident brought up however was that they don't even know what the game needs, one said they won't implement my stats as losing cath means a lot will quit, i lol-ed since it's not like ex and 1up, the two best alliances for a long time of planetarion have already stated that they are not going to play with full strength as the game is tedious, or not going to play at all in 1up's case.
jer read your irc log of that conversation please. At no point did any member of the pa team say they wouldnt implement it because a race was removed. If you was on about remy..he is not a pa team member he is a multihunter and was voicing a concern he had. As for myself i am not pa team either and my comments in that channel were my personal worries and thoughts not theirs...

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:32   #62
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

well, biffy ones almost fired me because i called a player a asshole
that player called me a nazi in the line before
it all happend in PM and biffy almost fired me based on just that log

now

you called the intire playerbase 2 stupid to read for missing a post on the forum
so, i think you are in for a loooooooong talk
(if you want pointers on what not to say, i have some exp in the matter)

btw, its a post on how to get into PAteam, you gave info on how to get into support
you might not know but......its not the same thing........
(look it up next to your job description)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:33   #63
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
what is the issue? can you not read? this is the second post in a row where you've assumed something completely against what i have already clearly stated. i've said from the get go because the pa team were not able to cope with changes as stated in my stats they weren't going to look into them, hell knows if they'd actually like them or not; not that it matters since they don't have a single capable stats-analyst in them anyway.

but let's not make it ALL about me here, look at: http://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95
go through those pages, i'd say around 10% of those threads have good ideas in them. how many have been taken into account? i'm sure the pa team will say it's 100%, but in reality what is it really? there used to be a subforum for the suggestions subforum, where the 'declined' threads would go, now i think they just leave the whole subforum as it is under that mantle, except they should probably invoke an auto-decline tagging system eh?

are you going to tell me that planetarion listens to it's community? and that it caters for its needs? it's all full and well that you think they the pateam&minions, as volunteers, shouldn't be slated, but why are you ignoring the facts? even several ex-pa team members have posted in this thread supporting the notions i suggested, ex-pateam, did you hear? hell even a couple of mh's/supportteam type people show dissent to me in irc pm's at their colleagues ineptitude and lack of initiative/direction, do you really know think you're right in your defending?

I am not trying to defend The PA Team. As i stated in the first page i cant comment on what there doing as im not playing. I am commenting on the fact i strongly beleive you would NOT have started this in the first place if your ideas had bin considered. The fact your still trying to make out this wasnt all about you confuses me.

I agree the game needs to change, i also saw your stats url. Impressive. Some good ideas ill admit, however, why did you remove the cath race? I presume this is why the PA Team didnt like your ideas? Now when i last played cath was considered quite boring with my point of view becuase of this whole emp crap, however, i was also informed via PA Team that last round 500+ players played cath last round. Perhaps they have a valid reason not to consider your stats based on those figures?

The fact is i am not defending PA Team, i think Marv is pointing out in this thread in his last 2 posts above that he isnt capable to do the job he has. But the fact is, i think your using bitterness as an excuse to critisise Jer. Thats my argument i am afraid.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:34   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
jer read your irc log of that conversation please. At no point did any member of the pa team say they wouldnt implement it because a race was removed. If you was on about remy..he is not a pa team member he is a multihunter and was voicing a concern he had. As for myself i am not pa team either and my comments in that channel were my personal worries and thoughts not theirs...
People generally refer to all support/multihunters as pateam regardless of what pedantic descriptions we insist on.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:42   #65
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think one of the first things the portal should have is a link to who is in PA Team and exactly:
-What they do
-What they are currently working on
-What they are responsible more
-Who they think would win out of a fight between Quincy and Columbo
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:42   #66
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
oh sorry, i didn't mean the pa team then, i apologise. what team is smudge in? he also told me of similar things where pa team isn't ready for change.

willz: cath has to be dropped for various reasons, 1/ 4 race set-up needing to be re-done every single round totally is too hassleworthy and rarely ever balanced 2/ cath and zik are the two main 'ew' races in terms of balance and zik has a better feature to keep as a wholesome than cath 3/ cath was the weakest race in terms of 'power', as they are always limited to a wholly huge or small sort of planet level, there is no real place for that anymore

to counter, i tried to set up something where nearly all ideas where shared but all races were independant but able to steal still, and yet remain solid in terms of defence if sorely needed. furthermore, the old set up was extremely limiting in terms of strategy, this, THIS is a serious issue with the game as it as at the moment, i've also tried to unlock that whilst containing some balance that won't be screwed by a disproportionate number of whatever race.

i'm not sure if i'm using my bitterness as an excuse to criticise, but i definitely am using my frustration as this really WILL make the game more interesting and to see people who are afraid of change try and stop it is quite infuriating. i'm fairly certain others in my position wouldn't be different.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:46   #67
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

thanks jer...and in response to your question, smudge is the deputy head multihunter
if anyone else has any problems over the difference in status by people within the game group please feel free to look at the credits page here :
http://www.planetarion.com/credits.php
where everyone is split into their correct departments/roles

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:47   #68
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
oh sorry, i didn't mean the pa team then, i apologise. what team is smudge in? he also told me of similar things where pa team isn't ready for change.

willz: cath has to be dropped for various reasons, 1/ 4 race set-up needing to be re-done every single round totally is too hassleworthy and rarely ever balanced 2/ cath and zik are the two main 'ew' races in terms of balance and zik has a better feature to keep as a wholesome than cath 3/ cath was the weakest race in terms of 'power', as they are always limited to a wholly huge or small sort of planet level, there is no real place for that anymore

to counter, i tried to set up something where nearly all ideas where shared but all races were independant but able to steal still, and yet remain solid in terms of defence if sorely needed. furthermore, the old set up was extremely limiting in terms of strategy, this, THIS is a serious issue with the game as it as at the moment, i've also tried to unlock that whilst containing some balance that won't be screwed by a disproportionate number of whatever race.

i'm not sure if i'm using my bitterness as an excuse to criticise, but i definitely am using my frustration as this really WILL make the game more interesting and to see people who are afraid of change try and stop it is quite infuriating. i'm fairly certain others in my position wouldn't be different.

Well after reading your comments i can see that as making some sense. Seems you have thought about this a lot.

Perhaps PA Team could open up the beta to the public now and try out your ideas. If they fail then of course go back to normal. But at least its worth a try. So i like your ideas and how you have put a lot of thought into the game, just dont agree with you critisising ect. Anyway. Ive said enough on here, going back to idling.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:49   #69
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think a lot of people feel disillusioned with PA Team also because they don't know what you guys do.

The job titles you all have is fine but it doesn't really tell us what your job role is, or who is responsible for what.

As far as I can see (with the exception of Chef who is doing the portal, JJ who runs the forums, and Appoco who seems to do everything else) the other non-coders of PA Team don't seem to do anything except come into #planetarion when something breaks and +m everyone until someone else comes in to tell the people in there what's going on.

Now I expect I'm wrong, and I'm sure you all do work hard - but without us (us being the community) knowing what these job titles mean, of course you're going to be slated. As a lot of the work you do behind the scenes will go unnoticed.
Feel free to check out my threads about what Planetarion is and should be.

That said I do agree with you - I'd love a blog type system where PATeam memebrs kepe people uptodate with what they are doing. Problem is in a lot of cases its not huegly exciting.

For example at the moment I'm drafting and re drafting a document, over seeing policy changes, and helping out with coding and beta testing while Appoco is semi-away.

Cin is helping out a lot with bet testing and coding a number of things.

Marv is mianly doing day to day support team stuff.

Though having said its not exciting, perhaps us telling eveyrone all the boring day to day things we do would perhaps discourage people from thinking they can do a better job.

In response to some of the posts about recruting for PATeam - I personally would love to do that.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:49   #70
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What do you mean by "cath and zik are the two main 'ew' races in terms of balance and zik has a better feature to keep as a wholesome than cath"?

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:52   #71
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think one of the first things the portal should have is a link to who is in PA Team and exactly:
-Who they think would win out of a fight between Quincy and Columbo
Qunicy, clearly.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:52   #72
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Zaius
What do you mean by "cath and zik are the two main 'ew' races in terms of balance and zik has a better feature to keep as a wholesome than cath"?
Cath and zik are the most problematic races to balanced and stealing is cooler than freezing.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 20:56   #73
Dr_Zaius

Quote:
Cath and zik are the most problematic races to balanced and stealing is cooler than freezing.
He gave all the races both though in his stats... The Steal was kept mostly to Zik though

http://nera.atspace.com/jer/PAStats.xhtml <--- those were his stats for those who don't know

Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:05   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
He gave all the races both though in his stats... The Steal was kept mostly to Zik though

http://nera.atspace.com/jer/PAStats.xhtml <--- those were his stats for those who don't know
Yes, and by spreading out stealing and freezing it makes it easier to balance...
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:06   #75
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Looks like a top quality set of stats to me. Maybe the breath of fresh air this game is long overdue?

Are we all to scared to try something a bit different?

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:09   #76
Dr_Zaius

it's not supposed to be about ease of balance is it? Why does how easy it is for us to balance it matter?

Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:20   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
it's not supposed to be about ease of balance is it? Why does how easy it is for us to balance it matter?
Because invariably the stats aren't balanced due to a wide number of factors I really couldn't be bothered listing but I'm sure you can find reference to in some of the countless previous threads on this topic.

Also it means that all races get a taste of stealing, one of the best aspects of this game. It means you remove the problematic cathaar set of stats which it is next to impossible to balance (the much talked about resource curve here).
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:27   #78
Dr_Zaius

I've always been a fan of cathaar myself

Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:36   #79
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I've always been a fan of cathaar myself
I've always been a fan of violent gang-rape films but I don't think we should build an internet multiplayer wargame around them.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:47   #80
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree the game needs to change, i also saw your stats url. Impressive. Some good ideas ill admit, however, why did you remove the cath race? I presume this is why the PA Team didnt like your ideas? Now when i last played cath was considered quite boring with my point of view becuase of this whole emp crap, however, i was also informed via PA Team that last round 500+ players played cath last round. Perhaps they have a valid reason not to consider your stats based on those figures?
I don't believe that it's such a great barrier. I'm one of the biggest defenders of Cathaar stats on these forums because I played as them in most of my serious rounds. I'd like to think that I understand the race pretty well. However, I'd be willing to adapt to changes if I played again. Let's face it, Cath are hardly a race easy to succeed with when you're not in a top alliance - and they probably are the race that most needed changing strategically (i.e. not just with a tweak of the stats). If jer has analysed the stats and decided there's no workable place for them, so be it. I'm willing to trust his judgement on this.

This reminds me of Round 5 when everyone said that the Round 6 introduction of races would kill off PA. It didn't - in fact, Round 6 was one of the best ever rounds of Planetarion.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:59   #81
jerome

those are quite outdated try: http://www.sandmans.co.uk/jer/stats.htm (though corsair is going to be bumped to 8/8 dmg/arm wise)

everything else questioned has already been answered for thanks for that lads! go team sense!
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 22:38   #82
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I don't believe that it's such a great barrier. I'm one of the biggest defenders of Cathaar stats on these forums because I played as them in most of my serious rounds. I'd like to think that I understand the race pretty well.
Haven't you never achieved a top 100 rank?

If that isn't proof cathaar are crap and should be removed, I don't know what is!
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 22:51   #83
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
This statement is another reason (in a long list) why I don't have all that much faith in the team surrounding the game.

I hope you're not in the stats team or the dev team.

I am curious as to how you guys pick your stats teams by the way? Is there any sort of procedure for that? Who are part of it?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 22:54   #84
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Haven't you never achieved a top 100 rank?

If that isn't proof cathaar are crap and should be removed, I don't know what is!
I agree. In a value round, a successful Cathaar needs a strong alliance behind him in order to finish top 100. I have never been in a good enough alliance to do that. Furthermore, I was never the most awesome of players - it wasn't until my last round that I even made top 200.
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 23:57   #85
jerome

a few more questions

er, do jolt still exist? so what is it that they actually do?

just put up the servers and take the money?
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 00:09   #86
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of investing your pocket money?
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 00:28   #87
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

In my experience, the easiest way to become pa-team is to join #eXcessum and become friends with the current residing pa-teamer. I think appoco is spoiling the legacy left by others though so far.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 09:24   #88
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
No your wrong JC... memory failage ... i was appointed before JJ even took over the forums from Messiah & Mer.

By your own admission in my leaving thread.
My humblest apologies old man. I think Alzheimers is slowly kicking in.

I think #excessum is running out of PA team candidates Newt. A2, me, Appoco.......Mooseh? That would certainly stir things up.
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 09:45   #89
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I don't believe that it's such a great barrier. I'm one of the biggest defenders of Cathaar stats on these forums because I played as them in most of my serious rounds. I'd like to think that I understand the race pretty well. However, I'd be willing to adapt to changes if I played again. Let's face it, Cath are hardly a race easy to succeed with when you're not in a top alliance - and they probably are the race that most needed changing strategically (i.e. not just with a tweak of the stats). If jer has analysed the stats and decided there's no workable place for them, so be it. I'm willing to trust his judgement on this.

This reminds me of Round 5 when everyone said that the Round 6 introduction of races would kill off PA. It didn't - in fact, Round 6 was one of the best ever rounds of Planetarion.
by the way it's not just me who thinks 4 races wasn't working at all - several of the best bc's this game has, have also attested to the fact, though each state a different race should go and since i iz leeter than dem i went with my choice!
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 11:57   #90
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I think #excessum is running out of PA team candidates Newt. A2, me, Appoco.......Mooseh? That would certainly stir things up.
Mitre!! Is there anyone else in the history of the game better suited to be pa team?! He's also online about 1hr/week these days - an attribute I wish most current pateamers had
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 15:43   #91
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Id happily join the PA Team, I have many good vouches. Also lets not forget past experience!
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 18:19   #92
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I anti vouch

oh, the stats look interesting tbh.

just looked at em now for 10 mins or so. seems like I have to play

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 19:00   #93
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get carried away they're not actually going to be used, we're going to do the same thing we do every round instead! I find this disappointing, I also find it comforting since jer's probably only thought about the one week he's planning to play anyway.

(By the way if you want a three race plan to be accepted you better outline research/construction/security etc bonuses)
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 19:03   #94
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

wishy: where did u find stats ? i gotta see thems i live for it

nevah mind. I should open my eyes. it helps
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 19:29   #95
jerome

yeah i know bwtmc, first things first, aka the war against the pateam to make them use a stats that might actually be somewhat interesting!
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 13:06   #96
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

There's definitely a problem with the route into pateam.

I've offered to help with coding many times and noone ever gets back to me.

It seems that if you are a MH first, its easier to get noticed, but that is hardly desirable.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 13:39   #97
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
?

The fact is i am not defending PA Team, i think Marv is pointing out in this thread in his last 2 posts above that he isnt capable to do the job he has.
couldnt agree more

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 13:41   #98
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Patience, Young Grasshopper. I've been suggesting Stats since R5, and it hasnt got me very far.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 14:47   #99
jerome

patience is for people who aren't already ****ing brilliant!
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 03:00   #100
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But why isn't there a game development department? :crymeariver:
I'm sure you could set up a lobby to have roids replaced with kegs of Guinness, Murphy's and Kilkenny's, and replace the ships with the great spread of visitors of O'Malleys on a thursday afternoon.

I'm not quite sure what it would accomplish, but hey.

Quote:
by the way it's not just me who thinks 4 races wasn't working at all - several of the best bc's this game has, have also attested to the fact, though each state a different race should go and since i iz leeter than dem i went with my choice!
I've suggested several times unsuccessfully, back in the day, to look at removing races and allow people to research and construct all ships from the then current ship statistics, thereby creating more choice in the construction of fleets.

Props for daring to mix it up in the current fashion, although it's a bit of a shame that different races are still locked into only one or two viable fleet compositions due to having limited access to pod types.