User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Nov 2011, 20:36   #1
Tharky
Pointless discussions

Tharky is an unknown quantity at this point
Galaxy cooperation

I think it would be fun to add a feature that brings back the importance of a well organized galaxy, like in the early days of PA.

I think the galaxy fund could be one way to do it. How about a reasearch that can only be started after a certain ammount of resources which gives a 4th fleet to every planet in the galaxy? It would give the MoD an important role to play, and it would actually benefit the whole gal if it worked together to save up for this research.

Or another reasearch, like the current Hypergate (eta -4) cant be researched before the galaxy have saved up enough points/resources/etc..
or even start with galaxy ETA set to 6, and have to research down to 5.

Just a thought =)
Unread 8 Nov 2011, 20:40   #2
Carrington

Carrington is on a distinguished road
Re: Galaxy cooperation

great idea!!
Unread 8 Nov 2011, 20:45   #3
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

There is point in those ideas, dunno about that 4th fleet slot, but the Galaxy Eta defense research is great! Maybe it can have 2 levels even - from eta 6 to eta 5 and from eta 5 to eta 4. Galaxies need to get points like alliance in order to be able to research this things.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2011, 22:30   #4
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

It was in my design document to introduce galaxy wide research with the research points coming in a form of research tax which each planet sets (and is adjusted by the MoD).

MoD is in charge of the galaxy research with three different branches:
1. Galaxy ETA starts at eta 7 and can be researched down to eta 5.
2. Galaxy Exile has to be researched (and is an expensive research, so those that go a different route first have an advantage of lower ETA's, with the disadvantage of no exiling).
3. Galaxy Fund is unlocked through research, then trading cost of using the galaxy fund is researched down.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2011, 07:56   #5
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

if these kind of things will be implemented then ppl should also take into account that gals can be very inactive and so that it wont fcuk up a player(s) that happen to be the only active one(s) in a 9 man gal..

otherwise all such new branches seem interesting to me and i seriously hope that something interesting is going to be implemented pretty soon - apart from fcukin up the salvage for multiple rounds and other moron things like that
Unread 9 Nov 2011, 09:34   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Some Great Ideas there IF the Inactive / Multi account pollution can be dealt with as Neroon has pointed out.
Unread 9 Nov 2011, 11:42   #7
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Brilliant idea, make coorperation in the galaxy a worthwhile pursuit, and ofc. bring more diversity into the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Some Great Ideas there IF the Inactive / Multi account pollution can be dealt with as Neroon has pointed out.
This is certainly an issue, I did a post around 8 months ago, about the issue.

Look it up here.
think
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...hlight=killeah

I´ve given it more thought since then, and I still belive that "intellingent" shuffles should be tried out. - targeting those 20-30 galaxies that really suffer from this issue. be harsher on the - C 200 movement (i.e faster).

Sorry for topic changing a bit, but I belive we need to sort the unstable galaxy issue before adding - albeit really nice things.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2011, 21:47   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

fair play and good thread you started there Killeah