User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 6 Apr 2009, 21:47   #151
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R31 shipstats

Having talked to Achi I now see the error of my ways and xan is not overpowered. There is no reason to change the stats. I stand corrected.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 22:34   #152
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Where did the zik fi/co kill ship go? Now they dont have any normal fi/co. WHich i think is a problem.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:37   #153
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

At a quick glance, this appears to be a very good set of stats for Xan.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 05:19   #154
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

is there any word from Pete, Appoco, or anyone that stats discussed here are going to be used, and which ones we should be reviewing? just feel the need to ask is all, and we have 2 or 3 people posting stat versions.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 07:26   #155
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Gate`s stats are likely to be used this round.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 08:20   #156
Oizo

Oizo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any reason for Etraide having 3 Cloak, 3 EMP, 2 Steal and just 1(!) Normal ship?
Except for the init, the Arrowhead looks like a Ter-Ship to me, and looking at the Ter-Stats, the init argument is invalid.

=> Arrowhead from Cloaked to Normal

*edit* im still in favor of tweaked r30 stats over these
Oizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 09:07   #157
isildurx

ETD only had one 'normal' ship last round aswell(the Centaur), so I dont view that as a major problem.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 09:44   #158
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
ETD only had one 'normal' ship last round aswell(the Centaur), so I dont view that as a major problem.
You're forgetting the Gryphon!

(So did everyone else)

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 09:49   #159
isildurx

Oh man my bad
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 09:49   #160
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

The what?
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 10:41   #161
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

hmmm can ter ships have poor emp res than usual plz, esp the bs!

lo gate btw, sad to hear of ur family's loss.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"

Last edited by Thatcher; 7 Apr 2009 at 11:13.
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 11:00   #162
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i´d just switch corsair from Fi to Co
and cutlass from Co to Fi
^^ this will help a lil bit imo

however (as stated before) i dont like this set, as there is too many fi/co pods around
3 races + the other 2 able to steal fi/co pods

this will result in huge fi/co fleets flying and hard times to defend against em
and even if you choose a non fi/co strategy, what you defending yourself against fi/co with ?
we shouldnt forget that salvage is reduced, so defending with fr against fi/co will be a tough thing with the uber phantom, you will need to find enough emp to make the defence landable, lets pray enough are willing to build beetle, spider, defender.

fi/co is unstoppable and we will see a eta7 dominated round, where attacking will be much easier compared to defending

i may be completely wrong with this analysis and maybe a lot less ppl pick fi/co based attack fleets, but i dont see this happen

btw i am against giving zik a even better ship (the suggested pillager change), ziks will be hard enough to land on later on, if you make em immune against fi attacks, you remove 1 1/2 races from beeing able to attack em (cathaar and xan (which concentrated on phants instead of revenant, which most probably will)

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 11:02   #163
isildurx

Dude, how is a DE targetting FI init 3(ONLY TARGETTING FI) going to hurt the ter CO fleet?
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 11:23   #164
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Dude, how is a DE targetting FI init 3(ONLY TARGETTING FI) going to hurt the ter CO fleet?
not at all, i somehow thought i did read "make it target co"
i changed my post though before (probs you didnt read in time)

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 13:17   #165
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oizo View Post
Is there any reason for Etraide having 3 Cloak, 3 EMP, 2 Steal and just 1(!) Normal ship?
Except for the init, the Arrowhead looks like a Ter-Ship to me, and looking at the Ter-Stats, the init argument is invalid.

=> Arrowhead from Cloaked to Normal

*edit* im still in favor of tweaked r30 stats over these
Balance is the main argument.

I might change one of the CR ships to normal. I quite like the cloaked arrow, it will go some way to balancing out FI/CO.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 13:21   #166
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's the point of the mantis? It fires before nothing. What's the point of xan fr? It can only roid caths and it's not an option defensively. What's the point of terran? It doesn't seem sustainable, no way to secure yourself defensively and your attacking options are go terran bs and accept the inevitable ton of fr class t1 bs def that will emerge or go co and get raped by the ton of anti-xan-co that'll get produced. There's no really effective kill fleet that can roid xan either. Fi/co/bomber/shadow and you're pretty safe. Salvage got nerfed too, I think zik needs some re-evaluating in light of that.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 13:24   #167
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Some EMP resistance would be nice

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 13:41   #168
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

the FR/DE classes are generally very weak (booji mentioned a little while back) Y did U gimp the Terr Fr fortress by giving them a DE, this round they were real solid defensively, but they couldn't attack without big teams, to make matters worse their init sucks even more than usual.
The Cat and Etd FR/DE are viable, the others are not.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:38   #169
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

zik bs seems a disaster, can you change Marauder to normal? that wld make them a viable race i think.

broadsword looks overpowered too

maybe swap marauder and fireblade stats?? as it is etd cr is a bit of a fortress, especially with cloaked arrowheads too. (oh and i dont mean cloaking a zik ship etc etc)

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"

Last edited by Thatcher; 7 Apr 2009 at 14:49.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 15:29   #170
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Kb ur a bit of a cassandra when it comes to cloak!
Tho the do rather pwn - except terr bs will kick their ass, so does the shadow
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 15:42   #171
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Kb ur a bit of a cassandra when it comes to cloak!
ooo a classical history reference, straight over the heads of 90% of the community thou i fear.

is the emp resistance gonna be released soon? also SKs gonna be in the game???

overall i quite like the stats, GJ Gate!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 17:24   #172
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
What's the point of the mantis? It fires before nothing. What's the point of xan fr? It can only roid caths and it's not an option defensively. What's the point of terran? It doesn't seem sustainable, no way to secure yourself defensively and your attacking options are go terran bs and accept the inevitable ton of fr class t1 bs def that will emerge or go co and get raped by the ton of anti-xan-co that'll get produced. There's no really effective kill fleet that can roid xan either. Fi/co/bomber/shadow and you're pretty safe. Salvage got nerfed too, I think zik needs some re-evaluating in light of that.
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 08:57   #173
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Any chance of getting the mantis changed? In my experience the mantis is not built when it is bs class targeting cr/bs so at the moment it is simply there as a token normal ship, I thought you were an advocate of cat having decent normal ships? It needs to have a decent initiative so it will fire before some things. The alternative is to make it a Fr class as it is then decent as an alliance defence ship, I do remember locust's being built when they were fr targeting cr/bs, but that may be because they were just about the best fr/de ship for dealing with wyverns.

round 29:Locust Frigate Cr/Bs Norm init:6 guns:1 armour:18 damage15 e/r73 M110 C123 E110 A/C524 D/C437 Cath
I dont think it should have such good initiative tho (as 6 would be better than all non emp fr/de class ships targeting cr/bs )

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 8 Apr 2009 at 09:17.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 10:07   #174
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

atm there is no normal fr/de class anti bs/cr ship that fires before terran/etd/xan cr/bs, maybe the mantis could fill this role, atleast more people will go cath

btw yes i know cath fi is rly rly good but they always get massive incoming anyway so stfu it doesnt make cath an uber race.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:00   #175
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Is it fun with those sick fortress terran planets, which u can barely attack even with sick teamups?
its just for them to roid nubs all round, and cruise easy to a top10 spot, or so it was last round anyway.
Terran used to be a good offencive race, now thats completely changed, I dont know why. Overall I dont like a race only having to build 1 class of ships all round which fires at everything.

Over to the stats set. Looks like either zik or xan fi/co for me.
would be fun with a round of 3fleeting with xan fi/co with current stats I d say! ( always is I spose! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:06   #176
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Oooooo! the 1 round i decide to not play and xan looks v nice.. well for my style of play anyway.

With the stats im currently looking at.. think its gates? http://www.geocities.com/nd_wtf/r31.01.txt looks like i'd just build around 20-30 dist mass fi/co with bomber def fleet and just send illusion on terran/zik all round and keep everything else home at base or use up my final slot for a real hit on a cath with a ter teamup partner.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:42   #177
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Slightly off topic. Where in the stats or general game mechanics change - the goal to dramatically attract playerbase in Planetarion is?

(having a quick lurk on the forums to check how a new owner will affect next round - it looks status quo to me. In other words, dwindling playerbase or new players not finding it fun/a bit easy/attractive enough)
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 11:59   #178
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Is it fun with those sick fortress terran planets, which u can barely attack even with sick teamups?
Not especially but at least that is a purpose; terr fr is TOTALLY worthless atm, without the defensive strength of the all one class fortress effect their rubbish initiative becomes a horrendous handicap
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 19:09   #179
Oizo

Oizo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Balance is the main argument.

I might change one of the CR ships to normal. I quite like the cloaked arrow, it will go some way to balancing out FI/CO.
If you dont give them Fi/Co pods, give them atleast the chance to fake a bit
Thats why i would like to see Arrowhead as Normal.
Oizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 09:45   #180
isildurx

What kind of changes are you looking at making in the next set atm Gate? And when can we expect a updated set?
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 10:46   #181
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm on it now, had the funeral yesterday and now that's out of the way things should be faster.

I'm planning on having a bigger mess around today to try and improve the FR fleets.

The best way to balance out FI/CO is to have very tasty alternatives. If, for example, a lot of xan/ter/etd go for CR/BS fleets then there will be lots of anti FI/CO about.

Atm, I think ter CO is probably overpowered. You can sink 70% of your resources into CO and 30% into dragons. The EMP fleets will struggle to get through so many CO, as will xand killers (especially with the salvage bonus). Terrans won't try it and dragons are exceptional anti CR/BS - your only real vulnerability is massive teamups or cath CR. I might weaken the dragon defensively to compensate for this

Last edited by Gate; 9 Apr 2009 at 11:33.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 14:22   #182
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Done another draft here.

In response to your comments:
1) Mantis I'm going to play around with later. I'm not too depressed with it currently. If you're going CR/BS, then it gets to fire against zik and terran BS.
2) Xand FR I've added the spirit (FR -> DE/CO) to improve its attacking ability. Now you can build a fleet of 3 frigate ships and the phantom. It leaves you vulnerable to etd FR but now it can hit etd, zik and cath.
3) terran CO with dragons looks obscene. Haven't decided how to solve that. As for BS: I'm thinking of messing around with the CR/BS somehow to strengthen it a bit. Possibly make kraken init 19 but that might uber them.
4) Killfleets hitting xand - the idea is to make them vulnerable to ter BS but shadow is currently sick against them. Might put shadow init behind dragon and move etd BS behind shadow.

Also changed zik DE class killer to DE/FI target at init 3 to guage the reaction. This means you can build corsair/FR/DE. Is a little overpowered against cath, possibly a FR->DE killship would solve this.

Also thinking of introducing a CR->CR/DE stunner for the caths.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 14:36   #183
isildurx

I dont think Ter CO looks too good, the init is slow so its basically gonna be the same as ter fr has been, a tank.

Not sure I like the change of the Brigand, makes zik very strong since they are practically immune versus two classes.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 14:51   #184
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Few things I've noticed so far.

1) 10 zik ships total?
2) There's no real counter to Cath FI raiding, everything that T1s them is their T1. (Add Zik FI, that targets FI - CO Stealing + Zik FI pod? Might be crazy late game. This may cause targeting changes on either the Cutlass or the Thief ... God so much work from one thing lol)
3) Hard to gauge EMP effectiveness without gun numbers.

I'll continue looking it over, maybe I missed something that makes these points incorrect.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 14:57   #185
isildurx

People tend to be very 'unpro' to zik having fi\co pods.

Im not TOO worried about cath fi, its going to be great as always but eventually theres just going to be too much flack around for them to land on a regular basis. But yeah there is alot of T1 -CO T2 - FI
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:03   #186
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

bomber & gryphon init increased so fireblade fires first?

as terran and xan would look likely to be most popular races with bombers/gryphons being standard ally defence ships, etd cr will have real issues landing, especially considering shadows and dragons are both very powerful anti cr.

can marauder be changed to normal please!!!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:08   #187
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
1) 10 zik ships total?
They have 8 'mainline' ships. I could give them another one to bring them in line with everyone else but I don't think it's required.

Quote:
2) There's no real counter to Cath FI raiding, everything that T1s them is their T1. (Add Zik FI, that targets FI - CO Stealing + Zik FI pod? Might be crazy late game. This may cause targeting changes on either the Cutlass or the Thief ... God so much work from one thing lol)
I don't think it's really an issue since they're mainly EMP. The killer is a late shooter and is just doing the same thing as the other 2 FI anyway.

Quote:
3) Hard to gauge EMP effectiveness without gun numbers.
That's why the stupid EMP system needs changing to EMP armour/dmg :/

On the whole, figures are going to be similar to this round.

EDIT: Zik FI/CO is a bad bad bad idea IMO. I tried it in my first set of stats, and it was horrendous - ziks were overpowered.

Marauder killer I'm unsure of. I prefer ziks to steal where possible.

Thatcher: that's what the paladin (ED: corrected, ty Thatcher) is there for. I'm considering giving it a criminal amount of EMP efficiency since it only targets one class. I'm a little worried about the shadow/dragon I admit. Moving Guardian back to BS class might work but I'm still not sure, since that nerfs DE.

EDIT2: Feel free to pm me comments if you can't be bothered to put them here. I'm trying to avoid IRC since it kills a lot of hours and I'm trying to learn my exams.

Last edited by Gate; 9 Apr 2009 at 15:37.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:08   #188
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Why is tycoon init 19?
imo non zik stealers should not have lower init than ziks. It's just as gay as anti-fi BS.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:13   #189
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Quote:
Marauder killer I'm unsure of. I prefer ziks to steal where possible.
zik bs/cr is not an option without it i think, stealing a bunch of usless fr/de on attacks would be a constant pain, maybe make it target just Fr?

Quote:
that's what the avenger is there for. I'm considering giving it a criminal amount of EMP efficiency since it only targets one class.
what ship do you mean by 'avenger' as i dont see it on stats, do you mean paladin? if so i conceed the point.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"

Last edited by Thatcher; 9 Apr 2009 at 15:20.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:15   #190
isildurx

Can anyone else spot a ship named avenger?

And even if you dont move Guardian back Gate, etd DE still is a bit shit.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:23   #191
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Dumb question.

How do I see how much the EMP ships freeze?
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 15:39   #192
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
Dumb question.

How do I see how much the EMP ships freeze?
You don't atm. The calculations are stupidly long winded so I iterate when I put them into the game. (ie I put in rough numbers, check stats analysis and then change those rough numbers until stats analysis gives me the efficiencies I want). Because of the stupid stupid STUPID system we have atm, they won't be on until put into the game. Expect similar levels to this round, but the Paladin will probably have higher than avg efficiency.

Isilx: etd DE on its own is weak, but an FR/DE mix can be mean. More modifications this evening I expect.

Last edited by Gate; 9 Apr 2009 at 16:03.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 16:18   #193
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

I quite like the changes, which generally makes the medium classes viable again.
btw I assume it is a mistake that the Minotaur is a Roid Eating MONSTER with a D/C of 600!!
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 16:28   #194
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Terran co won't be overpowered. Nothing firing that late is going to end up overpowered heh. Personally on the newest stats I think zik's efficiencies are still too low (50% less salvage man!), ter need something to make that fr/de fleet viable and etd just look weak overall.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 16:40   #195
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Terran co won't be overpowered. Nothing firing that late is going to end up overpowered heh.
My worry wasn't so much on the attack*, but the fleetcomp you can build with it. 70-80% of your value in CO and 20-30% in dragons makes for a very tough planet to hit.

Quote:
Personally on the newest stats I think zik's efficiencies are still too low (50% less salvage man!), ter need something to make that fr/de fleet viable and etd just look weak overall.
I'll get on that.

Part of my approach to stats is to look at the permutations of attack vs defence and make a little table showing what can attack what. Last time I did this the table had 50 elements. With these extra fleetcomps & pods it now has 196 elements so naturally balance will take longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
btw I assume it is a mistake that the Minotaur is a Roid Eating MONSTER with a D/C of 600!!
Oops!

*I expect it to be hard to satisfactorily stop, but we went through this last time. People told me terran FI/CO would be overpowered and xand CR would be awful so I overcompensated. :/
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:24   #196
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I HATE the brigand, was it specifically built to stop cat as it really dammages their de fleet and also damages their fi fleet much more than it does xan? if you want to make it target xan it needs to be fr as it will be firing before the BANSHEE (phantom *name gripe again!*), as de it is there to stop cat's as they have to emp through fr to get to it, I thought that that was the job of the Tycoon.
And imo you have only taken half measures towards making fr/de playable, you have made it so they can roid each other with really wierd fr holes, how is this helpful when most of the universe will be fi/co/cr/bs?

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 9 Apr 2009 at 21:30.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 21:28   #197
isildurx

Any chance for a updated set of stats?

Yeah I have to agree with booji, the brigand is a bit of a overkill atm.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 00:04   #198
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
Why is tycoon init 19?
imo non zik stealers should not have lower init than ziks. It's just as gay as anti-fi BS.
Just to add more "thoughts"

Tycoon init 20, corsair init 20 and thief init 19.

Thoughts by the l33t people?
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 14:48   #199
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I HATE the brigand, was it specifically built to stop cat as it really dammages their de fleet and also damages their fi fleet much more than it does xan?
I don't see what the problem is here.
You're okay if it rapes xan but not cath?

Maybe it's intended to do what it does so that Xan FI also are bad defenders against it when it's attacking?

Basically, what it boils down to is a ship too slow to defend against both Cath and Xan FI. So it's a DE that fires at DE first. Nothing too bad there.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 14:52   #200
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
I don't see what the problem is here.
You're okay if it rapes xan but not cath?

Maybe it's intended to do what it does so that Xan FI also are bad defenders against it when it's attacking?

Basically, what it boils down to is a ship too slow to defend against both Cath and Xan FI. So it's a DE that fires at DE first. Nothing too bad there.
The original reason for it firing at fi was obviously to take on the phant not cats, thats just a by-product....
U obviously did not play this round, the DE class pillager was Ascendancys defence ship vs Fi/Co