User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2005, 05:06   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Does reputation reflect the quality of posts?

I dont think it does, the reason I say this is because theres certain posts I want to give reputation too eg, Yahwe, JohnnyBGood, Hicks, 1-X and Tomkat yet it says I have to spread more reputation around before giving it too them again. Which is rather annoying, as it means I perhaps have to give reputation to posts which arent as good, only in order to give reputation to posts which I think are decent.

Catch 22 really.

But then again it doesnt really matter.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 05:09   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Does reputation reflect the quality of posts?

I only give posts to people who exceed their benchmark standard. I have a good idea of the standard of most regular's posts here. If they make a post which is better than their usual standard, then they get some rep (this is obviously easier for repetitively shit posters, rather than repetitively good posters, but eh - they get rep from other people).

That's just how I do it.

Just look for some really cruddy posts, and neg-rep them dude.

PS: <3 you mentioned my name <3
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 05:17   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't give out that much reputation. I'm probably more likely to do it if I think someone's argued a difficult point well or had a high standard of posting recently. Usually I just forget to do it though

PS Extra love from this location too!
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 07:44   #4
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

most of the time, among other reasons, you get neg repped because someone just plainly did not agree with the idea of your post instead of actually posting an argument (like a proper forum should be) - also the reputation pointing system is designed to praise or not, the quality or incompetence (be it humorous, informative, useful, inferior, stupid, etc) of a post - as what it seems right now, the basis of a lot of reputation awards given are based on something else, like youre cool, or i like your avatar, or youre so damn sexy... or a -rep remark that will say "no! your stupid!!" without an argument posted, or "shut the **** up you ****ing wankstain!!!" stuff..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 11:00   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not everyone neg-reps arguments they disagree with.

Although I'm probably more likely to neg-rep a comment that was both poorly made and disagreeable.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:58   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
most of the time, among other reasons, you get neg repped because someone just plainly did not agree with the idea of your post instead of actually posting an argument (like a proper forum should be) - also the reputation pointing system is designed to praise or not, the quality or incompetence (be it humorous, informative, useful, inferior, stupid, etc) of a post - as what it seems right now, the basis of a lot of reputation awards given are based on something else, like youre cool, or i like your avatar, or youre so damn sexy... or a -rep remark that will say "no! your stupid!!" without an argument posted, or "shut the **** up you ****ing wankstain!!!" stuff..
If you had green blobs, you wouldn't be saying this.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 15:02   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I usually just give good rep to funny posts.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 15:47   #8
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

I think giving a reason for reputation should be mandatory and (if anyone is so anal) have the right for a mod to revert someones rep in the case of, say, a negative rep point that the user feels was unjustly awarded? Dunno maybe not. Perhaps though then we could do away with the minimum 20 posts before re-repping someone as nobody could abuse it by neg-repping someone like 50 times. Perhaps a rule enforced that if anyone were to do that the repping would be discounted and the negative reps added to the reppers.....rep. Or something.

Last edited by HAL-9000; 30 Jan 2005 at 15:58.
HAL-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:16   #9
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I don't think anyone will ever seriously be judged by the reputation they have 'earned', but let's face it, it's still a fun feature.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:44   #10
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

Might be fun for people to view the comments of any post or thread?
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 18:03   #11
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
If you had green blobs, you wouldn't be saying this.
naturally

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 19:57   #12
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Do NOT question the reputation system.
It is a valid and accurate indicator of a user's quality.
It removes any niggling need to think about the content of a post.
All you have to do is say to yourself: "Well, he's got a lot of green blobs, he must be correct."

I hope this helps.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 20:00   #13
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

And I generally only give out pos-rep to those who don't have much rep or who are members of #linux, mainly because I like all the #linuxers who post here.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 20:04   #14
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

I have only recieved one neg rep so far and it was clearly because the person disagreed with entire basis of my post (People should be allowed carry guns,preferably to shoot criminals with, basically) rather than the actual manner or quality of the post.

Like wise most of the positive rep I have receieved was because people liked the ideas (Such as castrating Perle) I put forward rather than the quality of the posts I had made, neither of which strike me as having been the point of the system.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 20:10   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Do NOT question the reputation system.
It is a valid and accurate indicator of a user's quality.
It removes any niggling need to think about the content of a post.
All you have to do is say to yourself: "Well, he's got a lot of green blobs, he must be correct."

I hope this helps.
Rage against the system comrade!
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 20:18   #16
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Jonny is not a mod he is a Social Hygiene Enforcement Representitive.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 20:25   #17
Weeks
Banned

Actually I thought someone cropped this thread.
My mistake.