User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:09   #1
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough
A noob guide to posting on AD

Ok seeing as we have quite a few people on here that favor speaking out of their rear end rather than formulating constructive and/or amusing discussion, I will make a guide so that you all can stop making idiots out of yourselves.

1) Dont post accusations of things you know nothing about. When you dont know that alliances ABC are cooperating with each other, dont post anything that says they are cooperating. Rather, make a post inquiring as to whether these alliances are considering forming a block to help their mutual interests.

2) Form your replies and inquiries in coherent english. This is probably the biggest shortcoming, and it is amazing how far moderately accurate grammar will help give your post credibility.

3) If your name is Kjeldoran just stay away (sorry KJ, I couldn't resist)
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:15   #2
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A noob guide to posting on AD

pffft

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:18   #3
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

omg how did I know KJ would be the first person to respond lol
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:20   #4
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

1 could be relative to two recent threads but in BOTH those threads, each claimed to have some individual experience that justified the claim (usually saying stuff like "when my galaxy got incoming..").

Besides, its post's that state political rumours that keeps the AD's boards burning with activity!

2's never gonna happen because net folk like us are lazy b@stards when it comes to typing Plus for many on these boards, english is not their primary langauge.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:23   #5
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring back KR fs!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:23   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
wasn't even funny or original given it was you who made this thread. that's like Zhukov making a thread about how to behave on AD and then say "but don't be like Kj" ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 03:45   #7
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yea bring back KR so he can be just as out of touch and boring as he was during his last posting stint.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 06:03   #8
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
He does live here. :P
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 07:44   #9
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Ok seeing as we have quite a few people on here that favor speaking out of their rear end rather than formulating constructive and/or amusing discussion, I will make a guide so that you all can stop making idiots out of yourselves.

1) Dont post accusations of things you know nothing about. When you dont know that alliances ABC are cooperating with each other, dont post anything that says they are cooperating. Rather, make a post inquiring as to whether these alliances are considering forming a block to help their mutual interests.

2) Form your replies and inquiries in coherent english. This is probably the biggest shortcoming, and it is amazing how far moderately accurate grammar will help give your post credibility.

3) If your name is Kjeldoran just stay away (sorry KJ, I couldn't resist)

Where I come from we at least have free press?
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 10:03   #10
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you want to close AD?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 10:05   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This was a shit post. If I keep posting shit like this, I may get banned.

Last edited by Jester; 1 Nov 2004 at 12:46.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:40   #12
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Plus for many on these boards, english is not their primary langauge.
That's probably the worst excuse ever, even if english isn't their primary language they should know that words like "sumthing", "u", "y", "some1", etc. isn't correct english.

In addition, many of people doing these mistakes, are english people that, for some reason, just isn't able to type proper english.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 14:59   #13
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie
That's probably the worst excuse ever, even if english isn't their primary language they should know that words like "sumthing", "u", "y", "some1", etc. isn't correct english.

In addition, many of people doing these mistakes, are english people that, for some reason, just isn't able to type proper english.
Death to the SMS generation.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:03   #14
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Even Linkie can type proper english, and he's a kiddo from Bergen !

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 18:47   #15
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Should read "just aren't able to type proper english"

But please, WHO CARES?!
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 18:55   #16
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Should read "just aren't able to type proper english"

But please, WHO CARES?!
True enough, but I'm sure you can still grasp my point.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 19:23   #17
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True enough, but I'm sure you can still grasp my point.
Ofc, I knew exactly what you meant

I thought I'd correct you before one of the others wrote an essay about it :P
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 01:57   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Yea bring back KR so he can be just as out of touch and boring as he was during his last posting stint.
Compared to you and Kjel he was brilliant.

Oh, that says something about you, doesnt it
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 02:03   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

Oh, that says something about you, doesnt it
Ding ding ding.

Round 1

Fight!

*Streetfighter music*

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 11:18   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Ding ding ding.

Round 1

Fight!

*Streetfighter music*
this is not a fight, this is some troll making a stupid joke hoping I'd take the bite, but he can have this one if that's so important to him.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Nov 2004, 00:27   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

This was attempted a long time ago. So long as there are people who are quick to be "offended," AD will never reach the heights (or lows) Helix suggests.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 00:29   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote