View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 20:55   #162
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Light the problem that is happening is that once those tag drop from ND other BG groups of good players that normally couldn't compete for #1 because of member count now can, as for those tagless ex-nders they will have no trouble finding an alliance there are tons of HC's not playing because of life or what ever reason that if asked im sure would step back into the scene. I'd also say that some of them have aspired to working with there own alliances. Its ALot easier to start a 20-40 man tag than say a 50-80 man tag. 7:1 is a good ratio for playersfficers.

But this will never happen because people like JBG, Light, Knight etc will flame about it all the time because they like there 80 man tags which stagnate rounds with 1-2 alliances being competitive. Mostly because of member counts.
k then, lets take this round:
NFI, NewDawn, Asc, Conspiracy, ODDR and The Horde were all within 10 members of each at the end of the round. So these are the alliances stagnating the round due to too many members?

Now, lets look at the alliances which were so strong but just couldnt get enough members:
Apprime: Finished 4th, and were strong enough to influence politics and war, they were weaker due to being more casual, not due to the tag limit.
Osiris: They folded mid-round, turned completly casual. Lower tag limit would of forced an even early disbandment when members quit/left/went inactive.
Howling Rain: Are you trying to imply the only thing holding Howling rain back from being competitive is that they was lacking 20 members? lol.
HeX: Ive no idea about HeX but i'll presume they arnt as active as the top alliances.
Rock/xVx: training alliances, even when they have the membercount they should avoid politics. I still firmly believe that Rock getting involved in the Denial war caused the disbandment as newbs just cant take the punishment of war.
Vengeance: The only alliance which would probably benefit from the reduced membertag. Doubt they'd suddenly become viable for #1 but they'd be alot stronger.

I just dont see where this extra competition is going to come from? We'll still have the same number of 'active' alliances and the casual alliances while being even on members, cant compete as they could get overwelmed so easily. The rounds dont get stagnate due to member counts, they get stagnated when politics goes wrong or wars end too quickly with the winning block refusing to turn on each other. which no matter the tag size, will still happen.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote