View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 10:06   #26
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holy shit this is the best optical illusion I've ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
that's pretty cool

i had a pretty strange optical illusion as i lay in bed last night. There was a small gap in my curtains in which a small bit of light was coming through. as i stared at the gap, it slowly began to appear to close and the whole room became dark. very strange.

Well no need to explain the dot illusion that's been covered already. Your one is much more simple to solve.

As your room was obviously dark (or at least darker than outside), the iris in yoru eye was wide open to allow more light so you could see. Once you began staring at the light coming through your curtains your iris had to close a bit more to adjust to this brighter light source. Once it closed down less light was able to enter your eye and the room appeared darker, it also meant the light coming in through the curtain was less noticable and appeared to go away.