Thread: Well done Ult
View Single Post
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 18:46   #161
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Even worse than that - we haven't even been able to rely on Stylez. Not that I blame him in the slightest for refusing to DC for a whole alliance while the rest of the members sleep.

I've tried to explain this in the (many) threads about tag sizes. There aren't enough "proper" DCs to go around. Even most of those who are capable are no longer willing to put in the time and effort. The only viable solutions (as has been pointed out) are:
1/ To change alliance structures to manage without DCs (as per Ult and other "hardcore" alliances);
2/ To reduce the number of alliances so that there are enough "proper" DCs to go around or;
3/ To accept that if you sleep and you get incs then you get roided.

This round has been very little fun - I'm getting too old to do without sleep all night as often as I've had to do that.
Jelle already touched on this, albeit in a crude manner. The truth is you have to evolve. One DC doing all of the alliance is a thing of the past (unless your name is shaz). Much of Ascendancy's success 15-25 rounds ago were built on the system both Apprime and Ult use today. You need to trust your members enough that the best person to DC your own inc is yourself, or if not available a gal mate. You are forced to be more accountable that way and the game will be what you make it instead of what some DC you barely know decides. Members also get to interact with each other in a different way and you usually get a pretty good idea if someone is a selfish idiot pretty fast. In an alliance like CT or ND, the main motivation to DC is that you get to cover yourself first. But even DC's will get roided and if they were only DC'ing to avoid that, then they will stop straight away after that.

This round there was too much bullshit. ND were allowed to be in the block despite being NAP'ed to Ult the whole round. Even when the rest of the block hit Ult, they were hitting Apprime. Haven joined too late to make a real difference, and even then we had to drag Ult kicking and screaming towards hitting them.

Forest talks a lot of bullshit in this thread, any good HC should explore all options available to them. For Apprime in this case that involved talking to the block about hitting Ult. Unfortunately in PA, some people make that out as "going around begging for a NAP"..

The biggest mistake of many alliances in rounds past, and particular ND this round is to get too locked into one thing and leaving yourself no alternative options. They played most of the round with Apprime to hit and pretty much no-one else. Politics need to be fluent for a good meta game and that never happened this round. Though I did enjoy DS running into vac after they had screwed up trying to avoid hitting ANYONE for 2/3's of the round. And then folding like a house of cards.

The block didn't decide the winner of this round. Ult were already 10-15 mill ahead with hidden prod and could probably have outroided Apprime anyway. But the more powerless someone becomes, the more they just want to decide _something_ to satisfy their ego.

6:6 sucks btw, deal with it

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote