View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:51   #42
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
No one can fully know how another person percieves and experiences this world. Hence we cannot say things like 'suicide is always pathetic' etc, since we don't know what kind of emotions they felt when deciding to kill themselves.

When this person killed himself we can only assume he genuinly felt the need to do this. Similar when a person does a cry-for-help suicide attept, they genuinly feel the need to do this. That's pretty obvious. Then it is up to other people to change this way of thinking.

Thinking along the lines of "Well last time I got dumped I didn't care at all, so there is no way I can understand why this person took his own life! That's just stupid" would be mixing up your mental condition with another persons mental condidion - a condition no one else beside that person can fully know.

So go to the funeral because he's dead, that's what you do when people die and you've known them.

Also feel sorry for his ex who probably isn't all too cheerful nowadays.

Matrim
This guy's right.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote