View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 07:04   #41
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Re: Greenhouse Hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Texan: Do you ever actually argue with people, or do you just reproduce articles which (Presumably) support your own viewpoint?
I often reproduce articles that don't support my viewpoint. I also think something needs to be done to protect our environment. But I think ruining the U.S. and European economies with no proven positive effect on the environment is a crock of crap. All that will do is make us less capable of handling diasters when they do come. I have some ideas about fixing some problems, but even the greenest person won't agree with me, because they are too distasteful. I will give you one example that I came up with back in the early 90's that one of my green voting friends said was completely unacceptable.

1. Move all ground-based transportation underground and change the roads and railways to pedestrian and bike paths or just parks.

If you don't like that one, you will like idea number two even less.