Thread: Cheaters?
View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2011, 21:45   #46
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Cheaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
The thing that should be focused on is finding the vnc planets, and permantly banning them. That would help solve this problem.
Not possible. VNC (if done properly) is completely undetectable to a browser game like PA.

The real problem is MH needs to move away from IPs, or atleast start checking browser user agents, intervals between logging in, duration of log-in. Many things to be honest (they may already be doing this but it just doesn't like it).

I say this not because I want cheats gone (which I do just not a top priority for me) but more because I want a better system than the exception system because in student housing, families with multiple players or at schools/colleges (where you might not even know someone else is playing!) there will be unnecessary bans happening and putting people off the game. The exception system is more broke than anything (IMO) because people whom are "real life" friends who really want to play together and should be allowed to - but can't.

As an example, I have at least 2 friends who'd play PA if I wasn't already using at least 2 IPs the same as them. Making it impossible for us to work together (the restrictions on exceptions are stupid for an online game). The only way for us to do this would be for us all to setup external SSH tunnels at different IPs just to be able to play PA together (Then probably get banned for multi-ing knowing MH).