View Single Post
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 01:50   #34
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Discuss] The Removal of the Prelaunch option

Why remove a feature simply because you and a small number of people dislike it? If it annoys you that badly, just don't use it.

It's not that hard to just ignore the sexy dropdown menus.

As mentioned before quite eloquently by hamster PA needs new players to ensure that everyone gets more rounds in the future. If you put off the new players, whether from lack of user-friendly interface or whatever, PA will not survive. I've spoken to some of the pure newbies of PA in this round, and they have said that they will not come back, simply because the game is too 'hardcore-player' orientated, i.e. it does little to attract the CASUAL gamer.

In perspective, a single round of PA - typically 10 weeks - does not give the casual gamer the time to get accustomed to the game mechanics. More often than not, this casual gamer will most likely get hit by bashers close to the bash-limit. This is not fun. A casual gamer will want to pick up and play something which will be enjoyable. Oh, I log in after just a day offline, and find I lost roids, structures and oh, all my fleet. How fun. A casual gamer will NOT be inspired to say YEAH GREAT, LET'S PAY TO GET BASHED. Many of these players PA is trying to attract simply will not pay MMORPG prices for some figures and some text.

Prelaunch is one way of helping out the less hardcore players among us. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Baka.