View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 16:42   #52
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Prelaunch and multi tick battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post

Example: If a 40 man ally (assuming all 40 are hardcore livelaunchers - which I actually doubt even exists toxday in PA) launch at 03:00 - but the remaining universe - due to new rules wait till 08:00. The attack is bound to fail due to available def fleets. Which actually means that they never would land anything.
But the 'live launchers' are still launching when the majority of PA is asleep meaning less defence available and alliance still relying on being able to wake peopel up with sms and phone calls to get defence. Where as everyone else is now launching when the majority of PA are awake (specifically within those early EU hours when people are checking the game before work and such, probably PA's most active period (6am - 10am gametime)) meaning there will be lots of bodies around to send defence and dc the calls. Remember another part of the positives of launching at 3am is that there isnt as many people online to actually DC the calls let alone defend them...

I dont so much have issue with the idea itself of shortening PL, i reckon if PA was a thriving active game then it would be a positive but we have to face facts and say its not and wont be again, all this move is really doing making attacking harder in the long run and that is something PA really doesnt need.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote