View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 13:07   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: Quake 4

Quote:
"The vehicle controls are abominable"
True - that's another factor I loved HL2 so much - I loved the glider... til I started crashing everywhere

Quote:
There are some good things - it's very pretty, in a technically adept sort of way, the stroggification scene is exceptionally well done and the guns are the meatiest sounding for quite a while.
I do agree with this - the idea was brilliant but the execution reminded me of that long part in Doom 3 where you're in a pod being transported and you're doing jack all - the graphics and the way it's built up is ace but apart from that, woo "go static!".

Quote:
just look at the number of proper fights in Quake IV, with a large group of enemies every few paces rather than a zombie or monster closet every few hundred yards.
This is kind of defeated with the Dark Anti-Matter gun, despite its slow reloading.

What I liked above this was the 2ndary function of the rocket launcher (once you got the upgrade) and being able to home-in with the mouse, being able to lock-on with the nail-gun and the zoom on the railgun to make it a sniper - hardly innovative but still, nice touches to the game.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote