View Single Post
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 17:03   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: LOL - how low can destiny go ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
Threads who starts like this:

+

I wanna prove that this thread is nothing but wanted and unnecessary gossip and should have been closed by a mod.

@Mods: I have no idea if you guys have any forum experience before but maybe have a closer look at this:

I. The first quote is a section of the result when I googled "general forum rules"

II. The second is another quote taken from wikipedia to prove that this thread was just posted to start an accusation which (ofc) leads to a heated discussion.

I.

and

II.

now choose between "you are wrong" and "you are wrong - lets discuss this issue for another 15 posts"
If you are saying malicious gossip is the same as criticism of an alliance's behaviour (method of recruitment, in this particular case) I think you're very much wrong. The idea of Alliance Discussions and note the word 'Discussions' is discussion. You may not have guessed it so I'll say it again 'discussion'. We want debate. We set rules for that debate. We even let there be a debate on what spam is, and considered it on topic to allow this accusation to be treated on its merits.

If someone writes a post that is clearly opinionated and heavily critical towards one alliance, that is not a flame if they back up their arguments. 'Flames' are unmitigated insults with little background or justification for them. 'Trolling' is even worse because although you might think you are being clever and being more subtle about it, you are posting to deliberately get the rise out of people.

The AD mods are not here for 'quality control' except in the most extreme of circumstances, if we were, as I've said - this thread would have been closed by now. We're here to maintain civilised discourse. Meanwhile, despite my clear post above which stated not calling a mod to action publicly you have chosen to embarrass yourself and myself by making me write another long, off topic justification on how we moderate, because when we're criticised in public, I don't like sweeping things under the carpet, because then people think we don't accept criticism.

If you want to go down the route of trying to harass or undermine the mods to get the forum moderated in your favour you are going the wrong way about it. People who do it persistently have been banned in the past for repeatedly calling a mod to action in public or not using the approved methods of reporting a post. Your best bet is to argue your own point of view clearly and truthfully, from experience.