View Single Post
Unread 21 Mar 2007, 10:10   #59
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Re: LOL - how low can destiny go ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
There's actually a thread pretty much about that right below this one fyi.

I think it's the nature of the recruitment carried out. Whereas I believe CT had two planets leave them on the second to last day and added two (of whose status I am unsure) on the last day, destiny instead mailed planets who they didn't know from adam about joining. Of course I think this thread is interesting because it provides an opening to question what actually an alliance is in pax. Would the addition of four utterly random planets to destiny's tag giving them the win actually mean they were a better alliance than CT in any other sense than that they'd manage to accumulate more score by the end of the round? Probably not. Should the alliance rankings reflect more than mere score accumulation?
Indeed i have read the thread regarding Asc XP whoring for the top3 planets, that does not bother me, as they played the game in a way to ensure they won, nothing wrong there, every1 had the choice to value or xp play.

With regards to CT, i am guessing that they removed low scored scanners from their tag to put in larger planets just below alliance avg limit, maybe CT can elaborate on this, but it seems logical. Therefore the addition of the 2-3 players is either higher scored scanners, or ppl they picked up either by knowing ppl, or by CT members asking gal m8s, my guess is CT gal m8s. Therefore CT's actions were no different to Destinys, its just Destiny were clearly more open in asking people to join tag.

Ofcourse as Furball previously stated, it would be solved if they stopped adding ppl to tag in the last week/2weeks. Although if they implemented this i am sure that the lovely PA community would find a way to address the situation so it becomes to their advantage.

Lastly, PA has became too complexed, no1 has level peggings because their are so many paths to take to become a good alliance/player. If PA is to succeed it needs to be less "complicated", the old Terran format worked, where there is one race, no XP, no alliance limits etc. Therefore every1 would be equal, and winning would mean something, because this round i dont even remember the #1 planet, although i remember rounds ago such as Game, because Game earnt my respect, and Fury/Legion earnt my respect, apart from Exi/1up no alliance has deserved pa respect since Spinner quit. end of.
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote