Thread: Old...
View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:45   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i realise dante will probably scoff at me getting a high libertarian rating[...]if we're going to give the police and government enormous power
Well this is the issue. The test (and any test which has yes/no type responses) presumes you're accepting certain boundaries and so don't really reflect unconventional/unexpected/"extreme" political views very well.

So the question "Do you think the rich pay too much tax". I don't really know how to answer that. I don't think anyone should pay tax, so yes I guess they do. But then I know they're interpreting that as an anti-equality view, which it's not. Their left/right-economic axis is full of the same misconceptions they criticise at the beginning of their test. Do I think corporations should be regulated by the government? Well I don't want either to exist. Which box do I tick?

A better type of test would probably be some sort of full-length RPG where you're shown a full range of situations and see how you react to each, where your sympathies lie or something (chaotic good for life!). But then again who could be ****ing bothered?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote