Thread: R64 predictions
View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2015, 21:19   #174
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R64 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
You live in a fairytale world if you belive not being able to defend will make you better than the next allie.
I am sorry, where exactly did I say that p3n is better than any other ally? (besides we all know I think Asc is better not p3n )
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If you can control politics in that way you dont get incs, or that the incs you get is not putting you below the growth of the next alliance that actual has good defnece, you might be lucky to win a round or two.
No one can control politics so they never get incs so this is a pretty silly criteria.
And if we consider it in a lesser sense of only occasionally overwhelmed then that happens to ult too.

Our destruction was pretty catastrophic but ult would have been losing roids (not so fast) under the same incs. Here is where ours and ults strategies are totally different. Ult's strategy is to minimise the loss and curl up into a ball. It makes for long grinding wars. Against the 270 odd incs we were getting they would be losing 5% or a bit more per day rather than our colossal 20%+. However that does not mean it is always the better way of doing things. Normally alliances dont like targeting thin targets so the amounts of incs reduce, and so we have seen with p3n, we are now so thin that even with 80-100 incs we are in positive despite our dire def.
This in itself is not enough though. The second part of the strategy is that others will see the (now)#2 ally being crushed and be willing to block against the new superpower just as they a few days before blocked against the old #1. This unfortunately has not happened in this case. Gamble lost.

In a broader sense you are just not thinking about how offense can be defence. Sure we lose lots of roids but we take plenty too. There are regularly days were lots of p3ns get landed on but p3n is still in green due to landing lots. That has the same outcome as you seem to be considering a 'good defence'. I will accept that it is not as reliable as having an actual defence though!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote