Thread: Secrurity Risk
View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2011, 21:50   #29
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Secrurity Risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You do not know the half of it:

MH team including me at the time had access to the server where we could see every players details Real name, Real location City/Town Country, (altho addresses were not there) Email addresses, IP addresses, the Browsers they used, and a whole host of other useful stuff for the unscrupulous.

The really worrying part is that most of the people who have access to this information are not required to sign a legally enforceable non disclosure agreement, they just have to verbally agree on irc to not leak it.

It makes you wonder who is getting your personal information?
Odd. I was given a non-disclosure agreement to sign before I could even start training as a MH. I never signed it, no training.

That said, the disclosure of the above information is not necessarily terrible acts of awfulness. It depends on what the tools are like. If the MHs can do datamining that lets them search for nicks and find addresses, that's not great (in fact it would make me glad I started avoiding using my real nicks ingame).

Anyway, relevant: Jagex's privacy policy. Specifically:
Quote:
We care about protecting your privacy, and with the exception of the uses specified above, we will not sell, transfer, rent out, share or disclose your personally identifiable information to other companies.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote