Thread: Rules!
View Single Post
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 19:51   #6
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
For the love of God, stop comparing Planetarion to chess. The two are nothing alike.

That said, my take on this is that everything that's currently possible ingame should be allowed, period. Note how this is different from "adding more ingame limitations as time passes". People will always find ways around current rules, and turning it around (defining what is allowed, rather than defining what is not) effectively reduces the creativity (and intelligence) needed to win to near-zero. Any retarded monkey can churn out a tried-and-true method for the umpteenth time in order to win.

Furthermore, rules about 'support' planets, OOAOOG defence, donating, farming, et cetera, are just detrimental to the overall enjoyment people get out of the game, because whenever they do something that is technically defined as illegal by the EULA (e.g. everything) they have to be afraid of getting closed. Additionally, these days smooth talking can get one out of a lot of trouble, whereas less people less capable of using the EULA against itself find themselves closed for minor event (see arc/bintara).

Ideally, there would be no need for multihunters at all.

P.S. Why was there a new topic needed for this? "It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one"
Chess and Planetarion have some basic points that are the same. A game of strategy, and a set of tools and options one can make. Some people have cited that the game cannot be coded in a way that rules out making illegal moves. If you were to apply that to Chess, we know most chess programs understand what is or is not allowed. But off course, there are viable and clear differences too.

I happen to like you, think that if you can do something in game, it should be allowed. And if something is there, then PA team should look at ways of limiting or blocking that activity.

In terms of Farming, I do understand why people don't like the idea. However, previously, in the Planetarion universe, people have disliked many things. Alliances, Races, Scanners.

Now, PAteam have over time added these into the game. And overall, each of these facets has _ultimately_ added to the game. People have left, people have said they do not like changes, but the game continues down the road of becoming a more complex game.

That sadly has led to a growth in the aspect of the EULA being used to try and curb 'behaviour'. But the game should encourage every player, every alliance into trying to ideas, new methods, new strategy, new planning and execution.

In terms of diplomacy and deal making, I believe two real players, who have single accounts should be allowed to make ANY deal they wish. That should be part of the game.

(And indeed, how is this different from Alliances or Galaxies suddenly dumping large res into one persons planet?)

I suggested a clear concise rules clean up, But beyond that, a real reconsideration for what is not legal. Make less things illegal, focus on the things you really really do not want (Multi-Accounts), but outside, allow people to explore and find ways, good or bad to play the game and find an advantage.

As for making new threads, long winded threads where people hurl abuse at each other loses the thread of discussion. So shoot me, I started a new thread.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote