Thread: Rules!
View Single Post
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 14:49   #1
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Rules!

Dear Planetarion team, gamers, players, inactives, everyone else,

I am about to upset some of you. But before you get fruity, read this all and take it easy. It is after all only a suggestion, or three.

The current rules need looking at.

The EULA should be amended to cover some basic points. It should have a section that replaces the long winding crud about in game stuff, and states simply that breaking rules may or will get your account closed.
The sections in the EULA that are very open ended have to be closed.

There should be a RULE BOOK, that resides in the Manual.

MultiHunters, You should work on a set of rules that in plain English state what you will or perhaps will not allow. This should be in plain, straight talking, easy to read format. Place this in the manual. Then work off it. I don't want to hear any arbitrary crud from you guys about this. If you can look at two planets and se something you don't like, then you should be able to state what it is care of the rules in easy to read and understand language. The open ended EULA is not good enough.

Further, Planetarion should consider something.

1. Over the years, many suggestions come to be, after first being stated as not being wanted or of value. You can add things to the list as you please, but we can look at the game today with Alliances, Scanners, Races, all at one time or other considered unwanted, unworkable, add your choice of words.

2. The game requires a lot of PA team. This includes Multi Hunters. Support, The Portal guys, and so on.

3. Once you have the rules, consideration should be made care of in game coding to replace 'rules'. Year on year, PA should be a game where there are less rules, and in game people can only actually do legal things.

4. A theory of code it out of the game, OR make the thing legal should be carefully considered. You have done so in the past with alliances and scanners and other facets, you should continue down this road.

Lastly, and this willl have people calling for my blood, but none the less I will say it.

5. Multiple accounts, and Farming should be looked at from a clean blank piece of paper. Like scanners or alliances, some thought should take place on wether:-

Farming could be done legally.
People could have more accounts, if done in a certain way.
People from work or family could play together, without having MultiHunters going mad about it.

Further, if changes took place in this regard, it is possible that a reduced workload on PAteam could be the outcome, and a simpler, cleaner game for the player.

(Its a game, and as a strategy game, if it can be done in game, it should be allowed. If you want to stop it being done, code it out of the game, OR IN BETWEEN, state it clearly in the rules.)

Flame on..
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote