View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 09:19   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs down Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff

2. Chelsea
You've said an awful lot positive about them but havent given a reason why theyre not going to win the league?

Because they'll draw games United will win.

3. Spurs
Personally, tactically, i think hes one of the weaker managers in the league. He's got contacts and signs reasonably well but i dont see him as a motivator nor someone whos ever changed the course of a game with a subsitution. Tottenham very often struggle to get up for the big games against the top 4 too which is a serious problem - this is pretty much the main reason i dont think they'll make the CL - the winning mentality isnt quite there, they fall into the dreaded ' on their day' category

well, we'll see. I think you underestimate Jol, though, and overrate motivators. Jol usually picks his eleven for the side he's facing better than other managers in the league so of course his subs won't be as effective.

5. Arsenal
Ive seen arsenal teams with unknown toures, fabregas's, etc etc be written off before. Whats important about arsenal is they are the most complete unit in the premiership and if anything losing a star will reinforce that. It was only last christmas people were wanking on about how arsenal's youth team was better than liverpools first team (and nearly chelsea in the Carling cup final) - that was bollocks, of course - but i think people have now gone too far the other way.

They're better than Middlesborough. They're not as good as the teams above them.

6. Man City
I dont know if you just meant age wise but i cant agree with this - the squad has 9 strikers, and Sven never really did attack very well

i meant both. And Dickov and Corradi won't be playing first team footall.

12. Sunderland
Name me 5 premiership quality sunderland players. Keane may be a folk hero but his squad is folking shite.

[Gordon], Collins, Halford, Anderson, McShane, Richardson, Whitehead, Hysen, Kavanagh, Chopra, Connolly. Hey look! (I dont know if this is the Sunderland XI of choice, but they're all good enough to stay in the division)

16. Bolton
again, sadly you'll have to look at their squad and eat your words. I tried to predict them low too, but when i had a closer look i just couldnt bring myself to do it. but wishful thinking is cool too i guess

Hibs 3-0 against a good chunk of first team players tells me Sammy Lee isn't up to it. And I can't add that squad up to eleven players good enough to thrive in spite of, rather than due to, the manager.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote