View Single Post
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 12:36   #101
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Do You Like Drink While Gamming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I'm not saying that GD should be run as a democracy or a court, I do however think that there are enough responsible users for it to get by without intervention*, which I see as desirable.
While some seem to think no other users exist on this forum, this is not true. This is a public forum, associated with a browser game. Many of said users of browser game read but do not post here, you do not know them, you can't vouch for their responsibility.

Quote:
If furball was so aware that trust was important then he shouldn't have used his powers when it was uneccesary to do so. Especially on a forum where he isn't a mod. The more people see decisions being made without evidence, or, more importantly, where discretion could easily have been used without ill-effects - then the worse it is going to be for the "trust" GD users have for him. There are a significant number of users who have posted in this thread as dissatisfied with what has taken place, and if you don't see this as an undesirable outcome then I don't know what to say.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes helping out by banning what is an obvious adbot, and if requested, saying why it was banned and the fact that it showed all the signs and signatures of being an adbot, (which it did and you do not doubt below). I have banned such accounts previously myself and no GD mod has objected.

What i do not believe is justified is intervening to any extent beyond accounts like this. You freely admit that this is an adbot (and thus presumably banned). furball made the same judgement and used his mod powers to help out. I don't see what is unjustified on acting upon what you believe to be a fundamentally correct assessment. Slippery slope does not apply here as if furball went beyond that, rest assured a GD mod would have flown off the handle at furball and his life on the mods forum would be pretty difficult right now -but rightly so, it is a non issue.

Quote:
I never really doubted that he was an adbot, that doesn't change the principle. Tomkat and myself have attempted to explain this to you numerous times, both on the forums and on irc, so I'm not going to bother trying again.

To denigrate our protest by suggesting that we wished him to stay simply because he was "entertaining" is completely missing the point again. It's not about there being a positive outcome due to him staying, it's about the negative outcome created through the heavy-handed use of power.
To me this is no more than a handful of GD users trying to be clever. If you find it insulting, well hard cheese really. Ad bots are universally unwelcomed, to ban them according to the rules to me is totally uncontraversial and just part of helping the forum run well.

Quote:
I reserve the right to show a disrespect for the rules in place whenever I disagree with them, thankyou very much.
If furball applies the rules as they are meant to be applied, this is justice. By all means disagree with rules, but the suggestion that a mod is being unjust when he applies the rules properly does not seem to be the appropriate description.

Quote:
You're going to have to qualify your use of the word "absurd" before I address the point in your last sentence I think. If you pointed out what exactly was absurd about my argument, I'll happily reply.
Oh, all of it is absurd, simply because there is no argument aside from "I don't like mods banning the obvious because I want a specific person doing it" when actually it doesn't matter a fig who does it in this scenario.

I don't think furball is interested or would consider himself suitable to mod this forum beyond advertising, which is a universal issue, on every forum - modding the content of other posts away from this forum is a totally different ballgame, because we have a totally different userbase and job description.

Alternatively I could make better posts like the Jakiri post above