View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 02:52   #37
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Hypothesize : The tiniest event that could have changed your life.

The first big thing I can remember is from way back in junior school. I went to the local church school and as we were preparing to move to seconadry school they organised confirmation lessons for us all. I had little to no interest in this so the fact it clashed with football practice was enough to make me hide the letter. I managed to miss the first month, became ill so didn't go to the rest and then didn't get into the same school as all my friends, instead going to the local Boys Comp.

This meant I made completely different friends, was introduced to PA by one of these new friends, became interested in different subjects due to teachers which probably had a knock on effect on the degree and career I have picked, and I also think it stunted my ability to talk to women as I barely spoke to any for years.

The other point was listening to the careers advisor or some teacher that you needed a relavant degree for your job. I would have done a history degree but because of this advise picked Accounting and Economics which obviously had a large effect on the people I met and even the uni I went to.