View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 20:53   #27
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Hypothesize : The tiniest event that could have changed your life.

One day my mother asked if I wanted to help her with the shopping (she would need help to carry it home). The weather was nice, so I decided to go with her.
We stopped by at Woolworths to buy a gamecube game for my little brother, and I set my eyes upon her... The World Of Warcraft!!!
I fell in love and decided to buy it.
I played the game, wasn't really addicted until I hit level 60 where I was constantly doing raid dungeons etc.
My GCSE exams were fast approaching, and I attempted to stop playing WoW in order to revise, but I just couldn't, I was too... addicted.
As a result of this, I did quite badly in my GCSEs (relative to my expected grades). Although I consider myself very lucky to have still been given a bursary to the private school which I am now attending!
After getting back from my holidays, I wasn't really interested in playing WoW, just like the previous year (but last year I played it a little and got hooked), and I knew that this was my opportunity to rid myself of the game, I managed to sell my account for £160 (I tried to rid myself of it as fast as possible) which is a little more than I spent on the game.

Another one, also about my exams :crymeariver:

I woke up on the morning of my last science exam (the last 6 modules, there was a total of 18) not feeling as confident as I did on the previous 2 exams - these 6 modules usually took a little thought to answer, unlike the other 12 where the answer just popped into my head upon reading the question. But I still felt that as long as I did ok in this exam, I'd get my A*s - my modular exams were excellent, almost all A*s, I also felt that I did really well in the first 12 modules of the written paper - although my coursework was below par, mainly because I played WoW instead
I had a normal breakfast (eggs and bacon iirc) and picked up a packed of wotsits crisps on my way out of the door, which I consumed on my journey. I rushed to school as I didn't want to be late, which I wasn't.
I walked into the exam hall and sat down. As I was arranging my stationery on the table, I was swamped with nausea - I lost my composure, my concentration and all of the last minute revision. Subsequently, I did terribly in the particular exam.
At first, I thought that the nausea was caused by stress/worrying (I did less revision for this exam than I did for the others). A week or so later, I decided to eat another packet of wotsits from the same big pack that we had - lo and behold, 10-15 mins after eating them, I suddenly felt nauseous. The crisps weren't expired either
The fking packet of crisps denied me my 3 A*s in science, I ended up narrowly missing one in Physics, getting a respectable A in Chemistry and just missing an A in Biology (which deeply upset me)