View Single Post
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 22:41   #41
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Re: Internet routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Try Civ4, it's better than civ2 imo, unlike civ3, and possibly better than Alpha Centauri, although I'm not good enough at it yet to tell.
Oh come on! Its civ 4 and they still use the rubberband effect? They have a diplomacy engine even worst of the civ2!
They indeed introduced good improvements, but still its far from alpha centaury. The diplomacy engine of AC is around 4.563 times better! Not to mention the absence of randomness. whenever you created a game with the same configurations, it was all the same. At the same age a band of barbarians would arrive, Then some other guy will declare war, then some other will befriend you. Its quite pathetic! I can admit that on civ2, which is entering puberty now, but civ4 is new!

Not having the workshop option is dull, the balance of the game is also quite dumb. In civ4īs word, russia would own all, because size of the civ is what matters, and there is no getting around that. In civīs world Japan would be a backwater forever and it would never be able, as it is today, if japan wanted, to conquer brazil, for istance.

Oh, i think i was expecting too much... sorry about the rant, i hope you enjoy and have fun with civ4