Thread: London
View Single Post
Unread 11 Aug 2006, 21:35   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
There are numerous places to live, but it'll depend on where you plan on working and how much your budget is.

Clapham (SW), Wimbledon (SW), Brixton (S), Greenwich (SE), Archway (N) , Willesden (NW) or Acton (W) all have some nice places in them (and some horrific dumps) and aren't too central. I'd imagine you're best of just looking to stay somewhere random and cheap until you get work and a bunch of friends and then locate more permanently.
Well, I have a job offer in Southampton but a final interview in London with a firm I would much rather work for so I will only be moving there if I have a job. Will have a decent wage and to be honest I wouldn't really fancy moving more than once unless I absoloutely have to.

The job would be on Canary Wharf then.

Quote:
If I were restricting myself to Zones 3&4, I'd want to be North of the river. If you have no preference either way, I'd go for one of the following:
To be honest I just sort of assumed they would be way out of my price range.