View Single Post
Unread 16 Mar 2010, 12:45   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Implement some form of geography

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I accept that your experience may have been different to mine - but you must admit that cluster alliances which included every galaxy were pretty rare - in rounds where there was an eta bonus for attacks.
Indeed they were but even still there was a middle-ground between all gals in cluster NAPed and top 3/4 gals farming everyone. Some people might remember a few rounds where the cluster war(s) basically lasted the entire round.

Quote:
I did notice your suggestion of up to 25 galaxies per cluster - that would help but not (in my view) enough. As you'll remember, we had 100s of clusters in R4 (ahhhhh..... those were the days).
As I remember we had parallels in r4 so we effectively had hundreds of galaxies per "cluster", not hundreds of clusters. And the bonds forged in that round heavily influenced the course of PA.

Quote:
Anyway, I still feel that having private (presumably well organised) galaxies able to attack in cluster at an eta that precludes out-of-cluster alliance defence isn't a viable option - even though it would (in your own words) "make in-cluster attacking pretty ****ing good".
I'm rather curious as to how pa will divide this round in terms of private/random galaxies. I mean, let's be ****ing honest here, how many newbies are actually going to progress if they're in a shit galaxy? You need to make it easier for them, and encourage them, to progress onto the next level, not make their 20 minutes per day in some utter shithole slightly more tolerable.