View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2011, 16:45   #37
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Not sure that's a good idea, on the presumption most people will sleep 7-8 hours it'll be so easy to plan attacks as people just finish sleep mode but don't actually login.
then make it 7-8 hours.
however the cooldown needs to be visible otherwise it becomes too much of a tactical feature (which it will become for hardcore players nevertheless, but thatbecomes metagame discussion then).

Quote:
Also, it should still be possible to play PA in the current way, ie some nights you may wish to choose not to use your sleep mode, so the hardcore players can continue as normal - you want a best of both worlds solution.
and what i suggest in no way denies people the ability of doing this

Quote:
In order for fairness planets should maybe only 75% income while in sleep mode.
i'm really reluctant to admit that letting people have their night's sleep in order to make the game more appealing to masses (earleir argument on networking games and the significance of society for 'fun factor') needs to involve a 'fairness factor' that punishes your average joe for sleeping.

Quote:
The majority of this thread I'm guessing no nothing development because comparing PA to WoW etc is just.. wrong.
yes yes yes it's this and that

the core of it still stands. in games where social interaction is of pinnacle importance the system needs to be appealing enough for large enough masses of people to attract large amounts of people. punishing people for being keen on sleeping at night isn't a way to accomplish this.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote