View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2011, 16:09   #35
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Nighttime protection

are we now decided that you can push a '6-hour-sleep-mode' button on demand which will deny anyone launching attacks on you. during this sleep mode your planet will continue inbound development, but any outbound activities cannot be committed (this includes prelaunches for attacks and launching defenses). this mode cannot be cancelled on it's duration. edit. i mean, you cannot launch attacks or defenses of any sort while your planet is on sleep mode. prelaunched attacks on you fail. attacking fleets launched on you cannot be done. (i'd prefer if prelaunch was mostly abolished on attack fleets anyways. or shortened dramatically to 1-3 hours. this kind of change would partially defeat the original purpose of the feature). however, if you're already under attack when you activate the mode, this will not be interrupted.

to take into accoung anyincomings you might be target of before you want to sleep, defensive fleets can be launched towards a planet on sleep mode (again, i think the negative metagame implications of ie. 'hiding fleets' are not relevant).

additionally, pushing it will trigger a 23-hour-cooldown that will prevent the mode from being reactivated during that period (i believe 24 hours is too much of a cool for the bio rhytm reasons mentioned above. i am in full understanding that a cooldown of 23 (arbitrary. possibly 22) hours can cause 'abuse'. i don't believe it's a relevant problem).

planet scans will reveal the cooldown and recent sleep mode activations by planets in order to make it easier for attacks to be planned. this way you would be able to tell when a planet can or will activate it's sleep mode.

i'm not willing to discuss the impact of this system to the metagame since i believe the discussion would be too subjective and speculative in nature to provide any reasonable insight. meta will develop itself, and adjust itself to the situation no matter how you change game mechanics. if you want to ramble, please ramble on how the system could be 'better' rather than how your alliance cries and this and that happens because you wanted to be rewarded for sitting on planetarion twenty-three hours a day.

edit. clarification

Last edited by Tietäjä; 20 Jul 2011 at 16:14.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote