View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 16:10   #17
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: There is a special hell waiting for cops who shoot innocents dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
what a curiously inaccurate phrase
Ok, situation.

I'm outside the barracks on gate duty. I have a rifle. A man begins running towards me shouting he has a bomb in his backpack. I respond shouting "Halt." He does not. I can, if I wish, issue a further warning. "Halt, or I'll shoot". He does not. I shoot.

I give this as evidence in a civilian court (as it was a civilian who I killed).

Other than civil action which his family could take against me, which would fall down as I issued him warnings, then action is not taken against me.

I'd assume that the Air Marshalls in the US have similar protection - they can shoot, as long as sufficient warning is issued and they believe that a threat is posed by the individual.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote