View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2008, 01:02   #43
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: The players have voted - round 23 skin sucks

Oh great, this has ended up as another thread where PA Team insists that the community has to help by submitting skins.

If you want help in improving the design then you need to put some effort into getting people suitable for it. Amazingly enough there is a thread for support team recruitment, as well as multihunter recruitment, yet absolutely no effort is made in any other area at all and it shows badly. You cannot rely on skins submitted by various people in the community for any quality, they might be half decent efforts but I seriously doubt they provide any form of decent image for the game.

Cin - whilst I'm sure people appreciate your efforts, you seriously need extra people onboard who have more experience in certain areas, especially with design.

From what I can tell you're doing most of the coding, which is fine. You're currently the only one doing occasional portal updates (we've been here before), let someone else do it who is actually willing to update it more than a couple of times a month. A decent graphics artist is also needed, someone you can work with instead of just receiving new designs. Most importantly a semi decent designer who can work with both the graphics artist and everyone else to bring a decent user interface to Planetarion, instead of it looking like it was created by a bunch of coders.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote