View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 06:35   #23
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Re: American Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Well to be honest it's not limited to the U.S., but there seems to be quite alot of it there.
And really, no matter what we say we'll never change their minds. I don't like to think about it.
What I find interesting is that they believe that once the Jews reclaim the holy land, then the second coming of Christ will occur.
At that stage all the Jews will have to convert to Christianity (according to them), something which fundamentalist jewish israelis just snicker at and accept the Christians suppport, money and help anyway.
Second coming, end of days etc. Everyone who's not *insert Christian sect here* is going to hell. Paradise for just them. Doesn't matter who they have to destroy, support or kill to make it happen.

Oh how this shit makes me dispair. So I try not to think of it and just count myself lucky I don't like in the Bible Belt of the U.S.
Heres my one of my problems with Christianity.

Most christians will agree that the 10 commandments are gods law. I learned them in ccd and most christians learn them at a young age.

The second commandment clearly states, no matter how you may interpret it:
2)Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Some translations talk about god being jealous etc etc but that is the jist of it.

Jesus isnt god, as clearly admitted by himself when he is hanging on the cross and speaks aloud to god, asking him "father why have to forsaken me"

Now I have heard christians speak of jesus as the "lord" many times. Ive also heard them pray to jesus and in some sects bow to him on a cross.

To me this is a clear violation of the second commandment. And it is a fatal flaw as, due to the nature of their relgion, its a sin they will keep on repeating and can never ask forgiveness for.

i believe it was St. Augustine who devised a way around this flaw. (I think I read somewhere that it is one of his novices who came up with the idea, but whether it was augustine, a novice, or someone entirely different it is not the point)

The way around the breaking of the second commandment is The Trinity.

The Holy Trinity is the idea that jesus, god and the holy ghost are all the same being.

Clearly Jesus doesnt think this when he is bitching at god while hanging from the cross. Clearly god doesnt think this when he tells mary that he sent the holy ghost to knock her up. (whats up with that) By their own words, these are 3 seperate entities.

So by this reasoning Christians cannot get into heaven

I can picture it. At the pearly gates, St. Peter sees a newly deceased christian approaching. He quickly spins around and grabs a tape recorder. He hands it to the christian and tells them it is a message from jesus and that he made it because he cant be arsed saying the same thing over and over again.

The Christian pushes play and jesus clears his throat and says " I never told you to worship me, I told you I would intercede on your behalf upon entering the kingdom of heaven provided you repented your sins in life. You have broken the second commandment continously and therefore I cant pull any strings for you."

Then from down below, the christian hears a booming voice saying "Okay, Christians to the left, murderers, adulterers, theives and so on to the right.

Sorry, its late and im babbling...