View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 19:41   #99
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Depends on the target you're fighting, really.

If it's a relatively easy mob, you can do Ambush and go for the quick kill, on tougher targets and other players I'd rather do the Cheap Shot stunlock thing. Just worked on a level 42 Hunter that first tried to kill my 37 Rogue, then after I vanished and he couldn't find me, started fighting a level 38 elite mob in the area. Silly, silly, silly. I don't think he actually ever got out of stunlock :P
Stunlock is becoming progressively harder now though, obviously it doesnt work at all against mages. Priests and warlocks simply have too much HP to be able to stunlock and kill them effectively, where as if you get a bit of luck with your crits you can drop an 1800+ ambush on them, crit sinister strike and then a cold blood eviscerate for the win.

Paladins, shamen and hunters generally have a bit too much for the alpha to work so you'd have to try stunlock on them, shamen and hunters tend to drop pretty easy IF you get the jump on them, Paladins in my case is only duels so you cant really get them jump on them.

And well, druids and warriors, save yourself some time and dont ****ing bother, druids are about the most invincible end game class, a rogue cannot beat a good druid unless they have the luck of the ****ing gods on their side, heh. I've noticed a shift now in the end game where warriors are somewhat more vulnerable to rogues, but things are still pretty much in the warriors favour. The onyl rogue I've ever seen completely juggle warrirors was in a full set of Nightslayer and had a dragonfang blade too.