Unread 26 Sep 2006, 00:44   #207
gazza_dj
Resident Nutter.

gazza_dj can only hope to improve
Re: The GD Music Archive

got a few i think.

Death Metal

In Flames - Reroute To Remain

This is one of the newer in flames albums, and in my opinion, it is the best in flames album. As is the usual in flames style, it has the usual death metal traits of powerful distortion guitar and complex drumming, but at the same time is quite melodic. the verses are pretty heavy, and the choruses are really melodic and damn catchy. you'll be singing it in your head on your way to the shops! also consider Soundtrack to your Escape and Come Clarity by in flames.

Electronic

FabricLive22 - Scratch Perverts

i put this under the general genre electronic, as the CD spans so many electronic genres. it opens up with Dynamite MC/Scratch Perverts - Come Get It, and from there rolls into a few hip hop tunes, including Master Ace Incorporated - Born To Roll, Skinnyman, the Roots, even some Mr.Scruff! the Hip Hop then fades into some more breakbeat style stuff, still keeping a hip hop vibe, with the likes of Guru and The Perceptionists. as the CD progresses on, the BPM gradually increases. just over half way through, the mix has progressed to DJ shadow and Roots, and the likes of Alter Ego. Even some 'alternative' makes it in there, with Ian Brown and Radiohead! finally, towards the end of the CD, we have DnB, starting off with Nightbreed - Pack Of Wolves, and finishing off with Pendulum - Another Planet.
overall, i think this is an awesome CD. even if you arent a fan of the electronic genre, i think you can appreciate the quality of the DJing on this CD (remember it is a live recording!)

i was going to do more, but i really cant be bothered now