View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2018, 10:03   #34
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
And/or a cov-op (kidnapping pilots) that does the same.
Not that I like this much as I've never done much cov-opping (did the 10 fist quest and gave up this round).
A cov op is unlikely to be big enough to make much difference on its own. And if it were it would then probably be op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
If ppl dont want to switch roid quests to more bumper resource rewards and feel the old style xp rewards are dull then perhaps we could have a new type of reward say flagships - an otherwise unbuildable ship (probably a different one for each race) that would would be good but would be so limited in numbers that it wouldnt really upset the balance of the stats.
Possibly a too much of a headache for stats makers though.
I have a suspicion that people wont like super duper ships even in small numbers.
Instead I suggest admirals. These would give bonuses. Ideally it would be a small increase to damage, emp resistance or similar within that fleet. But I seem to remember from forum threads on implementing fleet strategies that this would be very difficult to do. So instead you could have an admiral that if an admiral is used in a fleet he increases xp cap a little, or roid cap, or the amount of salvage gained, or reduces opponent's cap or similar. These are things that are variable already. Obviously each admiral would only do one thing, and would be like a ship in that s/he could only be moved between fleets at base. It would also have to show up as a ship in inc scans so that the admiral could be factored into calcs.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote