Thread: No more IRC
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2017, 18:18   #40
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: No more IRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
2) I don't actually know what you're trying to say here.
3) Don't use mirc?
4) This is more like it. A Planetarion bouncer has been suggested, but has a lot of complications. I've been wondering whether a Netgamers bouncer would help (some other networks run them) but that's a pretty big step. And a pretty big ask. And I'm still not sure it would help...
I'll also add that lots of users have trouble with mobile clients (again, for various reasons).
without scripts/plugins it's kinda basic (updated that one) although now i come to think of it im not sure if it really is a con

about the closed system, we literally lose nothing we didn't already give away to netgamers so im guessing this is not an issue atal and why i didn't include it initially.

i don't believe it's right for people to be giving away personal info on the internet such as phone numbers to an unknown entity such as your new GC in a game, this could potentially dissuades new players too as this is not the norm in anything i've ever seen.

and as for not using mirc, you leave yourself open to self research on how to configure and use your client of choice. Most people will use what others will use just because if they have an issue somebody else may also have had it and can help rectify it.

a planetarion bouncer seems like it coulda worked 5 years ago but the technology and ease of use for instant messaging apps has come far, people dont want to configure messaging apps, they just want to use them. (i guess if this was integrated into the ingame chat it would work though)

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote