Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:36   #574
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Well people know that in terms of winning battles and generally dominating, Eclipse won.

That doesn't stop me giving anyone credit for alliances coming top of the ranking and being clever enough to get past Eclipse, even it was by recruitment..

They are probably one of the worst alliances to win planetarion, which to me is a pretty big achievement. That to me is simply good stewardship of an alliance.
Which just enforces my point about "deserved" wins.

I must also add that there is subtle difference between what Eysium did and what Nd/DLR would be guilty of should the same thing happen.

Elysium took advantage of round mechanics in terms of FAnG folding. ND would be taking advantage of deliberately circumventing the alliance limit rule and being able to choose the best 55 of 70 players.

It's beyond me how fickle people are. When Ely did it there was outcry, when ND merged with Sin there was outcry and it's now suddenly "ok". If 1up or eXilition had pulled a routine like this we'd be flamed for years to come. The hypocrisy makes me retch. It's the last I have to say on the subject so any points related to this matter henceforth will be ignored*.

* Again, this isn't a concession, just that the level of double standards being shown is something I'd rather stay well away from.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters

Last edited by mazzelaar; 2 Mar 2006 at 12:41.
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote