View Single Post
Unread 4 Jan 2007, 19:22   #16
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Why I don't use the train

I drove 30,000 km (20,000 miles) last year in my poluting diesel lease car. When I still went to Aachen, a 90km single trip that took me over an hour, I looked into the options to go by public transport.
My town -> train station Venlo : 30 minutes
Venlo -> MönchenGladbach : 30 minutes
MönchenGladbach -> Aachen : 60 minutes
Aachen -> my work : 15 minutes

So even not taking prices into consideration, public transport is not an efficient option, and I did not even take into the account the time it takes to transfer between busses/trains. 2.5 hrs versus 1 hr is just too much.

Nowadays my drive to Eindhoven is about 35 minutes, with public transport it would well be over 1.5 hrs and 15 euros for a single trip, 30 a day. About half of my nett earnings.