View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 07:25   #8
TheoDD

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Shipstats set R59 - Shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
The idea wasn't to 'remove choices' by not having Fi/BS roiders, but to make players chose between some good defensive ships and ships in their roid class.

I was actually worried SK would be too strong to use now, since each race has BS ships to send along with them, they're not a different class as the rest of your fleet. Not sure why you think they're terrible. Considering the strenght of BS ships. You only have to add another shipclass in attack if you want to roid while SKing too.

With the 'dumbed down' shipstats. Because dmg eff are this high, its only init that matters. With dmg eff lower ( more armor) you'll see a bigger impact of a/c and d/c in battles. Normally in battle it doesn't really matter what the a/c d/c is, lower init just wins. With the later init ships now actually surviving a bit to shoot back this changes.

The 'whoever brings more will win the fight' was probably not explained well enough. In earlier rounds when you had ships shooting at themselves at T1. You often got bad battle reports. Especially with stealing. It meant that if you sent 100k of ships A to defend 1mil of ships A. you could still cover the incs. Since they both fired at same time. And the 100k ships would kill or steal close to their own number in ships.
With armor efficiency higher, this doesn't happen as much anymore and 'whoever brings more will win' Which has nothing to do with not having to use the right ship for the job, but just means that unlogical battlereports are hopefully avoided.

I'm also wondering about the 'super defensive' shipstats comment. Could someone explain your reasoning?
Yes theres no holes so you can blindly send at certain races because you know their ships wont target you, but theres also no suicide def ships. Or real easy defenses.
Ofcourse if you send alone on another target, you wont be able to avoid losses if he stays at home, since you most likely cant kill his total fleet, but if the Bcalc looks in your favour , defender wont have his ships there anyway.

About the EMP vs kill/steal efficiency. Like I mentioned , it's clear this is gonna be difficult to balance. I also think you will have some different ideas about this. Some will say , 50% max kill efficiency, but 120-150% emp efficiency, emp way too strong. Everyone will be EMP. But on the other hand EMP needs to be able to freeze full fleets so they can land attacks, no matter what the kill efficiency is. But with calcing combo's vs eachother, it should hopefully give a better idea.
Most of this is just your random theory, which never will work in practise. You are forcing the small community left to do LARGER team ups and physical removed 2 roiding classes, leaving only 4. Whereas these 4 classes are heavily unbalanced on top. And you honestly think that all players will run their ships on a highly loosing battle at their own planet or others for 1177 ticks? Not in this life time. You can't seriously expect this crap played in a real round, as i don't see the point of playing at all then. Only thing missing is roid defence structure that makes you immune to cap. (probably not needed with the overly defensive nature of this set)
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote