Thread: Remove Galaxies
View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2009, 17:03   #43
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Remove Galaxies

Whilst I sort of support/like the idea behind it, I think we'd need to come up with more reasons as to why it's a good idea. The change is going to solve some problems - but just remember it's going to create another bunch of problems, how are these going to be dealt with?

How do you deal with new planets in such a universe? As Appoco pointed out, is a new planet going to just mail people nearby randomly to try and get defence?

I'm not entirely sure if shoving the existing Planetarion system into a sphere (or torus - something I prefer) is actually going to improve things by a significant amount to justify all the time spent changing the game. To me it seems like you'd have to expand the game even further, maybe with multiple planets, territorial control, being able to move around the universe instead of being stuck down etc.

Overall the ideas are interesting, but none of them seem to be "wow - this is right for Planetarion".
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote