Thread: Angel Delight
View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2007, 01:01   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Angel Delight

There was a thread on here recently in which people debated furiously whether Angels are the most self-destructive alliance in the history of the game. But that's old news now for another chapter of the epic saga has just concluded. What follows below is a mail from Assassin (Angels HC) to the membership which details a few "internal difficulties."

Quote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen

Well tonite i sat in the private channel and i have saw a lot of ranting, a lot of raving, and a lot of players threatening to quit and leave this round. To me i see that as an obvious failure. I joined this alliance as a HC becuase i beleived Angels can win this round. And to be honest i still can, or at least cause alliances such as CT/Wolfpack so much torment for the last 22 days that they will be falling asleep in rl with exustation.

Now when you came to Angels im sure you had the same feeling/thoughts/beleif as me. You want to be part of a winning alliance. And we want to provide you with the winning alliance of round 21. But we need your help! We can setup the raids, set up the pollitical connections and try to organise the defence. But unless you, the players/members of this alliance, come online, attack and defend daily we cant achive that win.

I know its been a hard week for us morale wise. You have lost roids and thought 'whats the point?' I know i have been there many times before. But ive learned instead of just giving up, its more rewarding to fight back with everything you have got. When a rat is cornered by a cat, even though it knows its most likely going to die, its not going to die without a fight now is it? And thats what i want from you guys to turn this around. get on irc, join in on the attacks. A few days ago we had over 60+ on irc. I want to see those numbers back and in force within the next 2 days at least. I want to see you guys pming defbot with your ships EVERYDAY! So the DC'S can see who has what to cover.

So, ill make a promise to you. The HC/officer team want to win this round or will at least fight these last 22 days. Now ill ask you a question.. what do you want? Do you want to stand up proud knowing you faught and gave it all you got in this round? Or do you want to remmeber this round for one you just 'gave up' after a few days of been roided? Join me. Fight back. I refuse to let this alliance die. Even if i have to bribe PA team to give me addresses and i come to your front door and drag you to your PC. All i ask is, if you REALLY want this win, then fight for it. Show me. We cant login to your accounts and launch defence/attacks fleets for you. We can provide you with targets, then the rest is upto you.

The motto in the public topic is: 'We will strive till the end of days' my motto is 'Against all odds, i pull myself up. Look the enemy in the eye, grab my sword, and use every strengh i have left in my body to charge toward my enemies. Against all odds ill know full well, if i do die, i died fighting'

Care to join me and the rest of the command? Lets show them what Angels is made of.

Assassin

Angels HC
My first reaction upon reading this was to actually laugh out loud, which is unusual for a jaded internet cynic such as myself. Upon brief reflection I also decided that Assassin is a hopeless optimist (but you have to respect him for trying) and to have an Indian for dinner before I explored the circumstances closer.

Closer examination proved even easier than I thought. I imagine this to be largely due to Angels members having more experience with relaying than most Olympic class sprinters. In any case, it turned out to be a little more interesting that the usual internal bitching about roids/def/attacks from the "hold my hand or I can't play brigade." Elviz, mactanzu, raitanaama, lizardking and nippe_r have all been closed simultaneously.

Make of that what you will though I will save time and start the screams of "cheating scum" immediately. Of course I have no evidence of that though I have personal knowledge of a few of those people, shall we say "cutting corners" in the past. In any case I throw the floor open to you, lady (I assume there can't possibly be more than one) and gentlemen of AD and look forward to the usual thoughtful and indepth commentary I'm sure you'll once more provide.

Last edited by Achilles; 9 May 2007 at 01:07.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote