Thread: Support Planets
View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:02   #32
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Support Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickPH
An immediate suggestion is : simply stop allowing free accounts. If people are forced to pay for their accounts, it'll start getting very expensive for alliances to muster support planets. Perhaps you could make free planets restricted to playing "two weeks" instead of just restricting what they can do. Should be long enough for people to decide if they like the game enough to pay for it.
I just read six pages of "Double Standards", and I'm dying inside. Then I get this. I am going to bed without responding to the rest of the post you made, but I might do tomorrow as I consider this to be an important topic.

To do the short summary, disallowing free accounts will almost certainly lead to a great stagnation in the recruiting of new players to the game. As far as I can tell, there are already more people leaving than joining the game, and I think that the benefit of this change is far from equal to the cost. This isn't where the problem is. The problem is the rule itself, not the "big alliances", not the support planets, but the very definition of a support planet. The whole thing just doesn't work at all.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote