View Single Post
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 10:06   #60
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssherwood46
The other signings i dont have the knowledge to comment on them fairly, maybe they will be better than the players noted above?
Rozenhal, recently Paris SG player of the year, and whatever the to-be-signed Lyon Brazilian defender's name is, are both "top notch" French league players. It's probably a little uncertain how they'll adapt to Premiership, but they can't be worse than what there currently is. The new Spanish bloke, Enrique, is definately a mystery to me, and a 6.3m£ mystery too. Smith probably wasn't signed to punch in fifteen goals. I suppose with Owen, Martins, and Viduka he's the fourth man up on the line for strikers, but he was probably brought in as a rotation asset as he can probably play midfield too. Besides, isn't Allardyce supposed to be excellent in digging the spirit out of people. He managed it with Anelka, surely Smith can't be an issue (Barton's not going to go to prison, he's got money).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote