View Single Post
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 21:21   #57
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Listen here grandpa, we're in the 21st century now. Employees are no longer a valuable asset, they are a disposable commodity, to be used and discarded as and when required. Once you're in the door you're already on your way out. Once you're out there'll no doubt be some other unsuspecting employer ready to hire you to fill the space left by the sap they just fired.
I think you are quite wrong here. Employees are increasingly acknowledged to be the most valuable asset in any company. Well, that means when skills and/or education are required to fulfill a task.
I do agree there is, especially in Anglo-Saxon countries and/or companies, increasingly pressure to perform better than your colleagues with the art of "politicking" as a consequence. Politicking means you try to influence peers and superiors in your advantage to keep your job or getting a promotion. This case fits this very concept quite well.
I am really grateful I am not in an Anglo-Saxon country nor I will ever let myself in with such a kind of company, because I cant get it over my heart to **** up someone by acting in such a manner.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)

Last edited by Membrivio; 16 Jun 2008 at 21:28. Reason: Spelling
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote