View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:18   #1
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Not drinking! (for a while)

In an attempt to detox myself, i've decided to go on a little break from the boozing, starting from last saturday.
By little break, I mean that a mates stag do is on the 21st of this fair month, and needless to say I will be taking a tipple at this occasion!
Now normally I would go out and get rat arsed 1/2 times a week, usually drinking ridiculous amounts in the process (but never seeming to end up much worse off than anyone else ). This has been happening more or less constanly since I was around 15, with a few breaks. I am now 21.
After only a week, I already feel more clear headed, stronger, quicker and fitter than normal. I also seem to have a reduced appetite, but this may just be a coincidence.

My point is, that there might be something too this not-drinking malarky. I always knew that alcohol did damage to you, but I never suspected that the after effects could be both so long term and dramatic, and so easily reversible.

On another note, ive been out to a few clubs while not pissed, during this little experiment (its graduation week, and two freinds birthdays so about 4 times this week ). When I had done this in the past, I always felt shit and self-concious and bored the whole night, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

Women seem to like a fella that doesnt drink aswell, the pulling rate for me has increased from zero in nearly a month, to two in a week.

I will definately be drinkning again, but I might carry on the detox for a while after the stag do.