Thread: this might help
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 23:17   #47
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: this might help

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
I'm HC of a PA alliance not an elected President of the USA. I'm not perfect. I post with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, the occasional typo. I sometimes even fail to convey my point correctly. Your right, this is an internet forum, no one here is perfect and just because Ascendancy have the most literate possibly "intelligent" playerbase, it does not give them the right to rubbish everyones posts and tear them apart discouraging anyone from posting in the future. Yes some people we can do without posting on the forums, but its people like me and the other average posters that keep this game alive NOT Ascendancy.

People dont care as much as u about "wars of words", we play an internet text-based browser game for god's sake. You may be looking for an excuse to exercise ur undoubtedly brilliant grasp of the English language to mock and intimidate people on the internet, but the rest of us simply arent.
That is a pretty good explanation of what i was thinking, when i look at forums i just want a quick look at whats going on not a 300 page essay using quote after quote on why sombodys post was crap, huge words thrown in just to encourage the reader to believe that they are the inteligent one and not the one thats wasting their own and other peoples time from having to read through it 3 times just to have a clue how it was even relevant to the topic.

Im sure younger players would see it the same way also, they come to play a game, get a little interested and want to join in on the forums only to be faced with something that looks like it was written by Shakespeare, making them less likely to post atal in the event of making themselves look dumb.

My conclusion is, it's a gaming forum not a writers club so going about challenging anything and everything anybody posts seems extremely lame.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote