View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2016, 18:00   #13
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: At what point is there not enough players?

I was pretty surprised at the low planet count as well. Honestly, having 5 weeks between rounds (Dec 4 - Jan 8) is terrible - havoc and the christmas round aren't taken seriously by many people (myself included) so I'm sure the holidays pull people away from the game.

I don't see why we can't just move havoc to havoc.planetarion.com and decrease the downtime in between rounds, and for christmas just pause the game for 1-3 days.
Alternatively plan the rounds so that you have 2 weeks for the Christmas round and have it go from Dec 18 to Jan 1 (2015 example), pausing only for Dec 25th.

To help with that, start using different round lengths - shorter rounds are better for war/roid swapping/xp, longer rounds are better for fencing/value play. Perhaps we would see more versatility in strategies with 5 week vs 8 week rounds?

PS. m0, it seems Kaiba is showing genuine concern for the game and is trying to get a discussion going, I don't see the need to tell him off for that.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote