View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 20:02   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Firefox... argh!

I don't know the problem is but for the last month Firefox has been getting more and more sluggish. Firstly, I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting including disabling anti-virus, clean reinstall of Firefox (including all app data etc.) has been happening from v 2.0.0.9 to the current 2.0.0.13 flavour.

When loading a single page it 'pauses' and I cannot do anything not access anything on the page not even click a menu or a bookmark. It happens during the loading process of a page.

I have a system superiorly capable of running Vista (yes I know Vista is actually worse than XP - at least in my experience) but none-the-less I have the following specs:

Vista Ultimate
2GB (2x 1GB DDR2 6400), 1GB GeForce 7950 GT (2x 512mb gfx cards in one), Intel C2D 2.66GHz, WD Raptor Drive (40GB free).

All drivers are up to date.

Internet explorer runs fine although sometimes it just freezes and I have to just restart it which it does so in no time.

But why is it Firefox is being a pain in the ass? My feelings think it has something to do with cache but even when I set the cache as large as 200MB or set to 0 the same problem starts to happen after loading my first website in the browser.

The problem goes away only on pages I've already visited within a few minutes e.g. after I wait for the sluggishness of page loading and the page is loaded then close the tab and visit a few other sites and wait for the sluggishness problem to happen and then close these tabs and go back to any of these sites, they load up almost instantaenously - around 90% of the time. The other 10% still leads to sluggishness regardless.

I have around 400MB of memory usage right now including photoshop which is open. Considering I have 2GB of RAM this shouldn't be a problem.

All latest windows updates applied.

Thanks for any help.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote